Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a global variable

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my development environment I have two database schemas one call AAA and the second call BBB.

We have only one scenraio which use BBB. It means that all my SQL queries are set with : select * from BBB.mytable

The problem is in qualification and production environment the schema is AAA.

My question, How can i use a global variable which is set to BBB for developement and AAA otherwise ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such concept of global varibale in Integration Directory. Thats why I raised this

Regards,

Prateek

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek,

If I understand there is no solution for the moemnt ?!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no. As in the thread, some configurations could be done using ID APIs. There doesn't seem to be any other way.

Regards,

Prateek

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

I think for the mapping I will use a file properties as it is explain in the following blog. Like this I willl centrelize the data.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/06/07/property-file-a-smart-use-in-xi-context

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am not mistaken, the problem was with the ID related issue. Only for Design part, this seems proper.

Regards,

Prateek

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need to change the database schema in your mapping you can use value mapping and an udf to get the SID of your PI system.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note that parameters in the Communication channel are editable when transported to QA or PRD.

So ideally it is a practice to edit the table name to accommodate QA and PRD requirement.