cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description issue: Role Import in CUP from ERM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

While importing roles from ERM in CUP, the description column shows some numeric values in some strange sequence (like 0,1,10,100,1000,1001,1002,1003, and so on). In ERM, roles were uploaded from backend using Mass role Import and Role description are properly available there. For the roles created in ERM itself, correct description is available, when imported in CUP.

Not able to understand this....Please suggest

Thanks

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I have found out the cause of this issue.

This issue is coming for those roles which doesn't have detailed description in ERM.

In ERM you can see role name, Role description and also role detailed description.

If the role's detailed description is null in ERM then after importing that role into CUP the description of that particular role will become four digit numeric character. So, We can't say it is a bug because the program is witten like this.

You can see this detailed description in role in the backend ECC system using pfcg.

I hope you understand the point what I wanted to say.

Thanks,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

This issue has been identified as a bug and a fix is targetted to be available in SP08 for AC5.3. The tentative release date for SP08 is 25th May 2009.

Regards,

Sudip.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I hope this is a bug of the system. This issue is coming in our system also.

So, need to raise OSS message for this.

Regards,

Sudip.