cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updation of safety stock method field in /SAPAPO/RRP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is the safety stock method field updated in /SAPAPO/RRP3.

Is the field updated from SAP R/3 or from APO itself.

TCODE : /sapapo/rrp3----product master--lot size-----safety stock method.

Thanking you all in advance for support,

Gayatri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Settings are required in material master of APO. Safety stock can be maintained either in no of days or in quantity.

SZ is the method for choosing no of days of supply. If you select SZ as method, then you need to maintain the no of days in Safety Day's supply field (under scheduling).

SB is the method for choosing safety stock in fixed quantity. If you select this method, then you need to maintain the safety stock value under Safety stock field under Stock data.

If you select SM, maximum of either of the above method will get selected.

These are common methods that are used. Other methods are based on time based maintenance like MB, MM, MZ which can be selected in planning book as per buckets.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I can see the safety stock in my screen as it came from R/3 through CIF(stock model is maintained), but not been taken for planning consideration as we are not defined safety stock method.

How to assign this method for this particular material and few material we have this method, what setrting do we missed for this material????

In my screen this tab is disabled, from where do we can assign this safety stock method?

what are different places to assign safety stock method in apo???????

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Venu

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

if you maintain safety time in MRP2 view the safety days supply field automatically gets populated in APO.

correspondingly it sets safety stock method to SZ automatically.

Regards,

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

If I want to see "SB" make automatiacally in APO mean what need to be done in R/3?

I don't want to do any change in CIF, need to have Transactional data from R/3

Regards,

Venu

Edited by: Venu Gopalakrishna Murthy on May 14, 2009 10:20 AM

Edited by: Venu Gopalakrishna Murthy on May 14, 2009 10:21 AM

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

by maintaining a value of safety stock as quantity in Safety Stock field on MRP2 view, system will automatically set SB as safety stock method in APO.

Regards

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

will you send any screen shot for this?

Message: by maintaining a value of safety stock as quantity in Safety Stock field on MRP2 view, system will automatically set SB as safety stock method in APO.

I checked in material master MRP2, safety stock, but i could not maintain the safety stock field as quantity only numerical values(quantity) it is taking and that coming APO. but no safety stock method (SB) is coming automatically to APO.

Please provide screen shot bit detailed to me

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Venu

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to maintain both safety stock and safety time?

You should maintain only one of them.

Nitin thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin.......

we are maintaining only one..........now it is working fine......Thanks once again

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

If you don't want safety stock value to come from R/3 to APO via CIF, you can use the user exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 which filters this value so that you can maintain directly into APO.

What is the % of materials for which the display of safety stock method is not happening in material master of APO. For those items, where the field is displayed, check all the R/3 master data which are in place(stock relevant, lot size relevant, safety master data relevant) and then rerun CIf and check whether the disable mode is changing to enable mode.

Regards

R. Senthil mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatri,

The safety stock method field will get updated directly in APO. Only the safety stock value, service level % , min safety stock values are getting transferred from R/3 to APO

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to understand what setting are required to maintain safety stock method for a particular material.

Thanks Senthil

Regards,

Venu