cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping in dynamic structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in a scenario I'm working on at the moment, I get a flat file in and have to send a XML. Up to this point there is no problem, but the second line of the file conains the field list with a delimiter and the other lines the data with the same delimiter and every field of the field list has to become a tag within the target structure. So I have to create the output XML dynamically.

In the first step I use the file content conversion to convert the file into a simple structure like this:

<file>

<recordset>

<data>

<row>...the data...</row>

</data>

</recordset>

</file>

The target structure is similar, but within the row tag I must have the data of the row structured as described in the second row of the flat file.

I have created a mapping with a user-defined, that creates a String with the content for each row element (concatenation of the xml tags and the content), but this doesn't work, because after the mapping the < and > are replaces with the replace strings.

Perhaps anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advanced

Regards

Olli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Perhaps anyone has an idea?

you have 2 possible choices:

1. do it with message mapping and convert the replace

strings in the adapter (adapter module)

2. do the mapping in java mapping or abap mapping

when you can define dynamic structures

I'd propose the second way but in both you have to write

some code in order to do those dynamic structures

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal for the fast response.

I also thought about these two possibilities, but I hoped there is an other way to do this.

I think I will implement this within a ABAP Mapping.

Regards

Olli