cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are having 20 divisions.(For eg AD, LC, GL).

Now i need to create common division only(in VOR2).

Whether i need to maintain like this or not in VOR2?

First Create Common Div say CO.

In VOR2 screen i need to maintain

Sales Org Div Ref Div/Condition Ref Div/ Customer

1000 AD CO ` CO

1000 LC CO CO

After maintaing all the settings i will have to create condition record and customer master

for my common division(CO) only, not required to create for my 20 divisions .

Now my question is whether i need to maintain sales are for this common

division only or for all 20 divisions that we have.And in sales order initial screen what inputs i will have to give

Whether i need to give 1000/ Direct/ CO

OR

1000/ Direct/ LC

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

Only maintain One Sales area with CO. As you have already mapped all the divisions to the ref division.

And in sales order screen enter only the CO division along with sales org and distributon channel.

Thanks.

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joothi,

Ramanathan Raja has explained very clearly

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyothi,

I hope you are working on Ver 6.0. Here it is Mandatory that you maintain the common division (VOR2) and common distribution channel ( VOR1). Without which sales area will not be completed. It will throw an error message if you are not maintaining stating that "Division" is not maintained.

Ex Sales org = zxxx , Dist Channel = X1, X2 Divisions = AD, LC, GL

In case of Common Divisions - Common division = CO

Sales org -

> Div conditions -

> Div/Cus

Zxxx -

> AD -

> CO

Zxxx -

> LC -

> CO

Zxxx -

> GL -

> CO

Yes , you need to maintain sales area and condition records for the CO division

Regards

Sathya

Edited by: Sathya Pavan Yedavalli venkata on May 14, 2009 8:15 AM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are having 20 divisions say 01 to 20

You want to have common division for all the 20

This means you have to create another division say 21 in img-enetrprise structure-definition ---logistics general and make all the assignments for 21 like you have done for 01 to 20

Now in VOR2 there will be 20 entries for your sales org say 1000

Sales org--div-div for cond--div for cust

1000--

01---21--

1000--

02---21--

1000--

03---21--

1000--

04---21--

Like that till 1000--

21---21--

Now for all the divisions say 01 to 21 the common DC is 21 and you need to maintain customer master records and condition master records only for 21

That means a single master data created in division 21 will solve the purpose for 21 divisions

Whenever you put div 01 in sales order system will check whether customer record and condition record is there for 21

like that for all 21

You cannot create a new common division in VOR2 (new entries option is not there)

Conceptually if you understand common divisions concept then you will know why new entries option is not there in VOR2

Whatever you have created you already can tell them as common

For your qn Now my question is whether i need to maintain sales are for this common

division only or for all 20 divisions that we have.And in sales order initial screen what inputs i will have to give

Whether i need to give 1000/ Direct/ CO

OR

1000/ Direct/ LC

This case the DIv becomes as one division that is 21

sales area has to be calulated based on (no of sales orgs x no of DC's x division 1 )

For these many combinations you need to maintain master record

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramnathan Raja,

Our requirement is the system should accept all the divisions in the initial screen(VA01).

So that can we get report how much sales happened division wise.(say 01 or 02).Is it possible if we maintain sales area for all 20 divisions?

Thanks

Edited by: JYOTI PRAKASH KUNNAR on May 14, 2009 12:02 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

200 % it is absolute necessity to set up for all the 21 divisions in enterprise structure

Setting up sales area is enterprise structure activities

VOR2 is for sahring the master data across the divisions for customers and conditions

Both are different

With commonn division example which we are discussing a naster data created for division 21 will be valid for 01 to 21 (all 21 divisions) not related with setting up sales area

Every thing the standard system will behave the way according to your requirement only

You need to test to understand

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Mr Ramanathan,

You have to first define the sales area with ur 21 Sales area.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

raja explained very clearly.

according to standard sap , we have to combine common distribution channels and divisions.

system will throw error if you not combined common distribution channels and divisions.

once you combine these, you can enter the data ,according to your divisions and get the reports .

if you dont combine all the common divisions ,system does not allow to enter the data in the initial screen of va01.

dont confuse.

regards,

suresh.