cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import Portal Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am exporting Portal objects (iViews/Roles/Desktop) from Dev EP server then Importing them into QA EP server but nothing has been working on QA EP?

When I login it prompted me with error message:

Error occurred while trying to access desktop: "portal_content/MyObjects/Test_Desktop". The object does not exist or you are not authorized to access it. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.

I try many things described on the SDN forum to solve but nothing worked, at last I recreated the Desktop and try it again and it worked. But none of the iviews are displaying, do I need to recreate all iviews and other objects again?

What I have been doing wrong?

Is there any sequence I need to follow while importing portal objects like roles, iviews, deskto etc.?

Regards,

Jawed Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just follow the guide mentioned to import/export your portal objects.

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can export the any pcd objects.

the only thing is you cannot export/import pcd objects that starts with com.sap..... as their ID's

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jawed,

Try doing the import/export functionality with a super admin role assigned to yourself and you should be good to go.I agree with GLM, it looks like a permissions issue.

Good Luck!

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawed,

Its not the sequencing that's the issue. Its permissions. Do assign the correct permission to the desktop object and it should work fine. There are multiple threads of similar issues which you can go through where permissions have been explained in greater detail.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said all the settings have been working on my dev server correctly.

I am exporting every thing iview, roles, desktop, display rules etc...

if I have to give permission them all again why I am exporting/importing them.

I am exporting/importing using Super Admin user i.e. j2ee_admin.

Jawed Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you export the PCD content only the objects get exported not the permissions associated with the object. While you might find that weird it makes absolute sense for that to happen. Typically on a dev environment one does pay so much attention to permissions but gives more emphasis to the objects created. Once your objects are transported to the QA or TEST environment one would assign the permission as good as the PRD system.

Hence post the transport, permission assignment is needed.

And well for your first question -- you export them coz its better than re creatiing them isnt it 😛

Thanks.

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its hard for me to accept that I have to give permission to all objects again after the import. My logic is simple I will not repeat all the permission steps for 100 or 1000 portal objects. There must be some other way.

I will let you know if I find any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawed,

My bad!!! I guess I mis guided you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c5/56599164d0c04cb566ba0e2d7ed55c/frameset.htm

Pl refer to the link above to learn how to transport permissions.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah; I found the same link and right now in the process of transport.

any ways thanks for all your help.

Jawed

Former Member
0 Kudos

buddy....would appreciate if you could take some time to pen down your experience in this thread before closing it. Might help some one else

Thanks,

GLM