cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexable properties / Combo Box problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to follow the 'How to Build a News Scenario Using KM Features' guide and all seems ok, however I have hit a problem. Basically I have created two properties with multiple values and I want users to be able to select these in a combo box on an XML form. This all worked fine until I wanted to use a taxonomy, so in order to do this I had to make the properties indexable but the values have disapeared from the Combo box!

Can any help me get the properties back on the xml form and also be able to use them in the taxonomy?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

The trick with properties in XML is that the folder settings in the property (system admin/system config/global settings/property metadata/properties)must always be set on one level higher than the folder the properties are actually in.

E.G. you want to set the property on the folder /documents/public documents than you have to set the property on /documents. Otherwise the property doesn't work in your XML.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Joost Christenhusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

With The property still appear in the Taxonomy Query builder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Yes. The property is set on a main folder, but also includes all subfolder. If you which to set taxonomies on a subfolder, this shouldn't be a problem.

Kind regards,

Joost Christenhusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - works perfectly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I don't quite understand, what you mean by "The trick with properties in XML is that the folder settings in the property (system admin/system config/global settings/property metadata/properties)must always be set on one level higher than the folder the properties are actually in.".

Do you mean that you have to enter the folder path "/Documents" in system admin/system config/global settings/property metadata/properties -> "Folder Validity Patterns" if you want to set a property on the folder "/documents/public"? Does this mean that it does not work, if there is nothing entered in "Folder Validity Patterns" (default setting)?

Unfortunately I cannot give you any points, but I still hope you will answer

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

If you wish to use an combobox in an xml, referring to a system property, you must set the validity patterns one level higher.

E.G. let's say we created a custom property named 'rank', which is multi-valued (1,2,3,4,5). We want to use this property in a XML form, which is set on /document/public. In order for the combobox to work in the XML, the document validity pattern of the 'rank' property must refer to /documents. The folder validty pattern can stay empty.

I hope this will clear things up.

Kind regards,

Joost Christenhusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost

Yes, thank you, I think it cleared up the matter. What you are saying is that the document validity pattern should be set one level higher while the folder validity pattern could stay empty? Correct?

But what if both the document validity pattern and folder validity pattern are left blank, will it then still work? If not, then that might be the reason for a problem I struggled with for almost a year ago. Always nice to learn something new

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin -

I have a predefined property that I wanted to be available to set only for folders. As such, I set the folder validity pattern to /** and left the document validity pattern blank. This achieved the effect I wanted: I can set the predefined property for folders, but the property doesn't show up at all for documents.

So I'm assuming that if both the folder AND document validity patterns are left blank, the property won't appear.

It's easy to learn something new everyday in this field, isn't it? 😄

Cheers,

Fallon

Answers (0)