cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting DataLocationGroups (with MDM Data Manager or MDM Java API)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve a lot of DataLocationGroups which are results of tests (importing pictures into the images tables but not stored as BLOB). I can´t see that the underlying table is exposed within MDM Data Manager. So i tried to delete the useless nodes with the DeleteGroup command.

However this seems not to be supported by the API

com.sap.mdm.commands.CommandException: Deleting of data location groups is currently unsupported

at com.sap.mdm.group.commands.DeleteGroupCommand.execute(DeleteGroupCommand.java:91)

I´m using the new Java API with MDM 5.5SP6.

No chance to remove the nodes?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Seems the feature is built for future and will be supported in future releases. You can raise and OSS with SAP for this to know if there is any Hotfix for this. Currently with SP06 it wont be possible.

Hope this helsp!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. I would possibly open a service call to check if there is a hotfix available. Maybe you have some idea how i can check if the a Location is already existent? From experiments when importing with the MDM Data manager, it seems that a path is represented by a tree of HierLocationGroupNodes.

For example: I´ve imported from

cde271480MMPPpictures.jpg using the Data Manager. When using the RetrieveGroupTree Command, i can see that there are two nodes named cde271480 (Id: GN39) with child node named MMPP (Id: GN89).

Maybe i now want to use the API to import a picture from

cde271480 estlocation into the images table. To get a locationID usable for the setDataLocationId i had to compare the pathname of the picture with elements of the GroupTree from the root. If one element of the path is not existent in the tree, i have to create this new element and connect it to the parent. And i can then use the ID of the Leaf node for the DataLocationId. Is this correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I dont see any issue with the approach you used.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, just some more questions. How do i create a HierGroupLocationNode for the root of an absolute path in windows. For example F:Pictures. I want to create a HierGroupLocationNode for F: and tried all DataLocationTypes and it allways throws an

com.sap.mdm.commands.CommandException: com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Server error (0xffaab005)

at com.sap.mdm.group.commands.CreateGroupCommand.execute(CreateGroupCommand.java:105)

Didn´t had problems to create COMPUTER_LOCATION node for the hostname part in an UNC style pathname like

ZDE056data.

Answers (0)