cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing application using Dropdownkey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am developing one application using Dropdownkey.

Here i am using two dropdownkeys.For example one for States and the other for districts.

Now My Requirement is when i select one state in first dropdown then i should get the corresponding districts of that particular state when i click on the second dropdownlist.

I think u got my requirement.

Regards

SreeLakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

chk this

Regards,

Ramani.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

declare globally in begin others main Hash table.

please reply me back if u have any issues .

regards,

ramani.p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not getting u ramani.i am getting java nullpointerexception after defining Hashtable.

whether we have to define context for COUNTRY & STATE in viewcontroller or dynamically it creates the context for COUNTRY & STATE?

please give me solution in detail.

thanks.

sreelakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes u need to decalre two value attributes country and states.try this please reply me if ur facing any problems.

regards,

ramani.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SreeLakshmi,

Make use of 2 drop-down by Index. use the first drop down for providing the options for selecting the states. The value selected will be available as a string value assigned to the variable mapped to the dropdown.

You will have to make use of a RFC to get the list of districts , if being fetched from the backend.Now when you select the second drop down, make use of the action on dropdown to take the string value from the first dropdown and give it as an input to this RFC. Hence, the second dropdown will provide you all districts corr. to entered state.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Best way is develop RFC which has States and its Corresponding districts and

use dropdownbyindex , instead going with dropdownbykey and providing the all the states and districts

values , there are some Standard RFC's available for the Country;s correaponding to the States

and therefore there would certainly Standard RFC's for Districts corresponding to States

so search for those RFc's and use them , it would be easy for you to use them

I have a similar requirement to get the States with respect the country , so we have used the

standard RFc present and used two dropdownbyindex for populating the data.

Edited by: murali krishna reddy on May 14, 2009 7:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Can u help me how to search for RFC.

how i can set the RFC to achieve this.

Regards

SreeLakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

There are Standard RFC's available which your ABAPers can help you in this regard ,

they would be knowing where they are ,