cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating UFL using .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a User Function(UFL) in .NET and then access that function in a blank Crystal Report at design time?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see our Developer Library.[Click Here.|http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2/en/devsuite.htm]

Hope This helps!

Sincerely,

Nikhil dharme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply. I found a solution in your library and followed the instruction on how to create a user function in .NET for crystal report. But I couldn't able to access the function, which I created using .NET following the instruction, in Crystal Report designer. Is somebody out there who successfully able to creat a UFL in .NET and and see it in crystal Report designer? Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello,

Need more info:

What verison of Crystal Reports are you using?

What version of .NET are you using?

If you open up the Formula designer in Crystal Reports and expand U2LCOM do you see your UFL listed?

Thnak you

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

See if the following helps:

Symptom

Error in file C:\DOCUME1\rolfd\LOKALA1\temp<guid>.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing

Formula functions defined in the UFL do not appear in the Crystal Reports designer

Cause

Crystal Reports UFLs created in Visual Studio .NET need to be in placed in the GAC and REGASM must also be used. Note that Regasm.exe command-line options are case insensitive.

Resolution

Ensure Crystal Reports designer is not running

GAC the dll as follows:

a) Copy the UFL dll into The correct bin directory. For Crystal Reports 2008, this is c:\program files\business objects\business objects enterprise\win32_x86

b) At the .NET command prompt type; c:\program files\business objects\business objects enterprise\win32_x86 gacutil -i <name of your UFL>

This should result in the message; "Assembly successfully added to the cache."

Run REGASM from the command prompt:

Type c:\program files\business objects\business objects enterprise\win32_x86 regasm <name of your UFL>

For more details, see the Developer Library, BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 and Crystal Reports 2008 Developer Help:

Ludek

Answers (0)