cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete of full data load in 0PCA_C01 via process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to find out how to delete the content of a cube that has been filled using a certain info package (full load of plan data into 0PCA_C01) in a process chain. The next step in the chain should then be to load the full load of plan data.

I also use another info package to load the actual data and this is updated via delta so this data should stay in the cube..

Could anyone tell me how this should be set up?

Thanks a lot!

BR,

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Fredrik,

there is process type 'complete deletion of data target contents', under 'data target administration' (after general services, load process and post processing).

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A.H.P,

I mustn't delete all contents of the cube, but only that which belongs to a certain info pack (full load of plan data). The delta load of the actual data must still remain in the cube...

Won't process type "complete deletion..." delete all contents?

Best regards,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also tick the checkbox for 'full or initial data load' alongwith the other 2 checkboxes for 'same data and infosource'.

Therefore it will not delete the delta loads of the actual data.

I think this will solve the problem.

cheers.

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot!!!!

I think that should do it!

Full points awarded!

BR,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have looked into the cubes after running the process chain and the settings in the info pack "Automatic loading of similar..." does not have any effect. The previous full load of plan data is still in the cube along with the new one, so it's doubled...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

I have tried using this setting before,and it does work.

Please give the exact settings that u are entering in the 'automatic loading..' screen.

Are u loading full load through flat files?

Do u have different datasources for delta and full load?(I think it should have)

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik,

I have tried using this setting before,and it does work.

Please give the exact settings that u are entering in the 'automatic loading..' screen.

Are u loading full load through flat files?

Do u have different datasources for delta and full load?(I think it should have)

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have solved this issue by doing as you said. Thank you!!!

Best regards,

Fredrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the infopackage data target tab,u have a field for 'automatic loading/deletion of similar requests' double click on that field and a new screen will come up..

there..tick for datasource and infosource is the same..this will avoid deleting the delta of the actual load.

This will delete the previous plan load when new plan load is getting loaded.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishvesh!

That's new to me!

However, the delta of the actuals and the full load of the plan both use the same data-/info source. They both use 0EC_PCA_1...

Will this work anyway?

Best regards,

Fredrik