cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DataSource problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I generated Export datasource from AWB->Infosource->Generate Export datasource.

It saying that Export datasource generated successfully, but it's not showing any datasource.

I am creating data source for data marting.

Is it a correct way to create Export datasource for data marting or is there any other procedure?

Please Expalin me.

Thanks in advance.

Chandu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Chandu,

yes, that's the right way.

try replicate datasource from your bw myself source system. rsa1->source system->right click bw myself source system.

then rsa1->infosource->search 8[ods/cube name].

in case you cannot see the 8[ods/cube name], try menu settings->display generated datasources and choose option 'show...'.

and if still not come out, you may need rsa1->infosource->right click root node 'infosource' and choose 'insert lost node(s)'.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep/Vishvesh,A.H.p,

I checked, I replicated the source system, i found nothing.

i am working on QA client.My Developer client is down.

Is this any problem for that?

How can i do solve that one?

Thanks.

chandu.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Chandu,

generate export datasource can be done on QA,

try right click your infoprovider 'generate export datasource' if cube (ods will automatically generated during activation process), and source system 'replicate datasource', then source system right click 'object overview' and search, see you can get 8[ods/cube name].

then follow previous steps.

to upload data you have to create infopackage on that infosource, suggested do in development.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer the link for further insight:

With rgds,

Anil Kumar sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry friends,

I have done export datasource creation but when assigned that datasource to an infosource in transfer rules fields are not mapping.

Infosource is already using for other text loads.

how can i overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Chandu.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In trasfer rules, enter the missing Infoobjects manually and then map the objects and activate.

Thanks

Reddy

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Chandu,

generated datasource will automatically assigned to infosource, please see the previous steps more careful, you have no need to assign to infosource, what you should do is create infopackage from the infosource. hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P,

I am trying to assign to ZBRP_IND infosource.

Datasource i created on ZBR_OFFCE infosource.

Now i want to assing this datasource to ZBRP_IND infosource.

Thanks.

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any one can help me out regarding this topic.

Regards.

Chandu.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just Right click on Infosource, it will show Assign Datasource.Give Datasource name and map the fields and Infoobjects in Tansfer rules and activate it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b21f98be886a45a4bb7e123e86e4c2/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b21f98be886a45a4bb7e123e86e4c2/frameset.htm

Thanks

Reddy

Message was edited by: Surendra Kumar Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answers you already received will do the trick but also make sure that you look under 'Datamarts' and not under the same infoarea as the source infoprovider.

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandu,

You are doing it in the correct way. The generated Infosource will have same name as your data target with prefix 8. Check in your settings if "Hide generated ODS objects" has been selected. Make it to show generated objects. This option is in the menu under settings. After this setting you would be able to see generated infosource.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Menus there is setting for 'Display generated objects' click it and switch the radio button that appears in the new screen..

search in infosource by '8(cube/ods name)'.

will display.

cheers,

Vishvesh