cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need suggestions on improving the performance end to end

Former Member
0 Kudos

I referred following links and as many as 25 previous posts before posting this question.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10b54994-f569-2a10-ad8f-cf5c68a9...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0068bc1-6f8c-2a10-52bb-c6ee3562...

/people/boris.zarske/blog/2007/06/13/sizing-a-system-for-the-system-landscape-directory-of-sap-netweaver

I have some queries related to improving the performance of a scenario in my landscape.

Scenario : IDOC-SOAP (Synchronous with BPM)

The mapping is simple with 3 fld direct mapping.

Works grt with no problem in normal cases for one message transfer.

But initial load ( when we put it in new system, the scenario generates erros if we send more than 23 IDOCs at a time)

I have decided to perform the following to solve it.

/people/william.li/blog/2008/03/07/step-by-step-guide-in-processing-high-volume-messages-using-pi-71s-message-packaging

Will it help me because its a IDOC sync scenario.

What can I do to improve the performance of this scenario?

Please suggest me good suggestions to improve the performance

Please do list me out points that I have to perform (for a sync scenario with BPM) as I am already confused watching lots of blogs posts.

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/william.li/blog/2008/03/07/step-by-step-guide-in-processing-high-volume-messages-using-pi-71s-message-packaging - dont think that will work for sync scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

any thing useful that I can do to increase the peformance for my scenario?

I feel 23 messages are too small compared to my requirement

Nikhil.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you say its a sync scenario i assume its IDOC -> SOAP -> IDOC.

How much time is the WS taking to respond back?

Is this causing the issue?

If its a simple transformation i dont see any reason for the BPM to cause issues unless a quick sizing or performance tuning of the XI server has not been done after post installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neither quick sizing nor performance tuning was done on this system.

I do not have much Basis knowledge...

Can you suggest me one suitable non confusing blog that will help me ( for a sync scenario ) to do this?

Appreciate your help,

Nikhil.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are various links that can help.

Again the only option is to ref the various links in SDN -

but before this, can you tell me what is the steps you have for your scenario?

Also try to put the transformation outside the BPM - /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Also try to put the transformation outside the BPM

he is not using a transformation step....

One doubt....maybe childish....we are discussing about synchronous IDOC scenario....but heard that (never tried) IDOC does not support sync coomunication...gives some error...is it true??

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its an async sync scenario.

I assume that he will have a idoc coming in to XI, then a WS is called and the response is mapped back to another IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

absolutely right.

receiver, send,switch and control to check the delivery of msg from IDOC

thats it...

absolutely no complication.

I cannot blame receiver WS. This is because the same is processing around 360 mesg in 1 min which is Proxy-WS sync.

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I enable packaging for IS, how will it increase the performance?

it will carry the data in equal mesg of the size we specify but the processing at the WS needs to be one by one. Correct me if I am wrong.

I believe this is for improving performance inside PI.

How will it react for synchronous scenarios where it has to wait for the response back from the receiver.

Is there a way in PI that when I send multiple messages the files are processed many at a time.. without chaning the existing MM and whn we send only one msg, it has to process that single msg can it b done?

Thanks,

Nikhil

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there a way in PI that when I send multiple messages the files are processed many at a time.. 
without chaning the existing MM and whn we send only one msg, it has to process that single msg can
 it b done?

If a scenario is configured to handle many messages at a time then it can also proces a single message at a time.....no special setting is required....but rember vice-versa is not always posssible...

Former Member
0 Kudos
If a scenario is configured to handle many messages at a time then it can also proces a single message at a time.....no special setting is required....but rember vice-versa is not always posssible...

What do you mean by this?

does it mean i have to duplicate IDOC structure and WS structure in my Mapping?

can you explain a little in detail?

thanks

Nikhil.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If I enable packaging for IS, how will it increase the performance?
I believe this is for improving performance inside PI.

check out this section 3.2.9.1....it will tell you how performance will be improved by packaging

[Sizing And Performance Tuning|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac62214c7]

Dont forget to read the embedded note....

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what i meant was....since you have already configured your scenario to deal with N IDOCs, you dont need to worry when you get only one IDOC instead of N......i think this is what you asked in the earlier reply....

Former Member
0 Kudos

excuse me for not putting it across in right way...

What I meant was...

Suppose I am sending 100 IDOCs from SAP - PI - WS.

PI will make one call to WS each time.

instead, is it possible to enable any settings on WS / PI or change design objects so that WS accept 10 mesg from PI at a time and it should ideally work good even for a single message.

i dont think we can do it unless we change the mapping by duplicating messages or chaning the occurances... still not a good idea but just checking

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please do list me out points that I have to perform (for a sync scenario with BPM)

As far as possible avoid a Transformation step in BPM....instead if possible include the mapping in the Interface Determination....this is one of the methods to improve performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek,

There is not transform step.

Even the BPM is simple.

Is it common that a scenario with BPM cannot accept 23 messages at a time??

do you think that the performance tuning that I mentioned in the link will hold good with sync scenarios?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
do you think that the performance tuning that I mentioned in the link will hold good with sync scenarios?

i dont think so.....in this scenario the async mesg processing is made to wait

from the blog:
As you can see, for the 1st minute, all the messages are waiting to be processed. After 60 seconds,
 the packages will be created and processed. There is no change to the monitoring of each of the 
individual messages in SXI_MONITOR.

....but if you make a sync scenario wait....then probably you may run into the risk of blocking the Queues.......

If this is going to be in production then i would have been more careful...becoz firstly it is BPM....then synchronous BPM.....then a processing wait......normally do not try to make the BPM processing wait...my small suggestion