cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and BASIS problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Yesterday, I encountered a SYSFAIL in smq2 (queues). The error was 'SQL error in the database when accessing a table'. I contacted our basis guy and he increase the table space. After that, the queues were running again. But we asked ourselves, why did this happen? Will this error occur again after a few weeks? How come XI is taking up a lot of space since its only job is to act as a gateway. Why is it storing data? How can we prevent this kind of SYSFAIL from happening again?

Thanks.

Regards,

IX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the data i guess is usually stores the information reg the message. So if you need to track back and and view the log or status of a old message these tables come to be of help.

I guess you can have the table contents cleared or archive XI messages on a time basis perhaps to ensure the issue doesnt come up again

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I guess I'll have to clear the table in a time basis. thanks for the manual. I hope this works!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ignatius,

This is the right place to reply. The link sent by Shabarish is very good and helpful. Even I am having a look at it now.

Best Regards and have a nice day !

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ignatius,

Even we have a faced a similar kind of issue in the past. Please have a look at this links and see if it helps

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I noticed that the thread is still unanswered. Which reply will I apply? thanks