cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please help me with copying of an entire SAP system in the real-time, say DEV to QAS...

Once the all the customization is done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to following link. This link will give you various options to make the system copy based on various versions of SAP systems.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/a2/2f0c173a5e43d19585724239ff4de7/content.htm

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The links provided are real help. . However, I do not have access to those links.

Thank you anyways for the overview and help.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We refresh our 1.3TB prod system to QA quite regularly and it only takes a couple of days.....

Our database is Oracle sat on AIX.

In summary

- you will need to in the source system backup the controlfile to trace....

- take an full offline backup (copy a couple of arch files around the backup acrros to the new system, or use online redo logs)

- In your target system trash the sapdata files and the origA and B plus MirrlogA and B

- Restore the sapdata's and the Orig and Mirr logs.

- Use the trace control file, do global SID change and a few other changes, rename to a .sql file

- sqlplus prompt run script.

- apply redos

- open database

- add files to PSAPTEMP

- apply license

- start SAP

========================================================================

When in SAP :

New logical system

BDLS

partner profile creation / deactivation

Deactivate and external interfaces (sm59)

SPAD

SU01 (mass changes)

STMS

Operation modes

Reconnect BW (if necessary)

Change Physical paths (trx: file)

If you would like more detailed breakdown of my procedure sheet drop me a line

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for providing a very good summary of regular jobs pertaining to system copy.

However I need the what to do's and don't in system copy, procedures break down of the mentioned outlines,

will be handy and knowledgeable.

Thanks again

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Can you please provide me the steps in detail since i am also searching for the procedure to do Refresh.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

The kind of documentation you are asking for isn't very easily acquired for free. You are asking professionals who have spent years acquiring knowledge to take time out of their regular jobs to give you extremely detailed information. Customers pay consultants very good money for the kind of documentation you are seeking. If it is experience and knowledge that you require, then hooking up with a mentor who can show you the ropes while you pay your dues is strongly recommended.

Like Juan is saying, this is not a "do my job for me" forum.

Yes, SAP is an ocean...and even us lifeguards have difficulty swimming in it...

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

In the Sapinst tool itself you will have option to do system copy. Almost it is the same as installation but here you need only Kernel and Installation master CDs.

In source system...(in ur example it will be DEV)....SAP should not be running when system copy is going on.....but Database of the DEV system should be running....rest of the thing is same process as installation....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. I would also like to know how to stop SAP system not stopping database.

I did read about startsap command with R/3 and other parameters in the command line,but I am not confident and organised. So, please help me further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you want to just stop the R3 & not the database, login to the SIDadm user & then in the shell give the command,

stopsap r3, this will only stop the sap not the databas

Following are the commands u can use:

startsap --- It will start the whole system including the database

stopsap --- It will stop the whole system including the database

startsap db --- It will start the the database & not the sap

stopsap db --- It will stop the the database & not the sap

startsap r3 --- It will start the sap system not the database

stopsap r3 --- It will stop the sap system not the database

For the system copy let us know if you require further help?

Regards,

Nitin Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

Thanks a lot for the response.

In my Quest,

Please provide me a very good summary of regular jobs pertaining to system copy.

1) Also I need "do's and dont's" in system copy,

2) break down of the procedures pertaining to system copy,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide me a very good summary of regular jobs pertaining to system copy.

1) Also I need "do's and dont's" in system copy,

2) break down of the procedures pertaining to system copy,

This is a discussion forum not a "do my job for me forum"... do some research before posting, that info is widely available.

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I appreciate your advise, and I am not able to find proper documentation, And as you are saying it's widely available. I don't think it's that easy to get customised information and SAP is an Ocean.The links members suggest to refer are not accessible to everyone.You seem to be an experienced guy in SAP, but you need to understand everyone has to start at some point and then things will improve.

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System copy guides are available to all SAP Clients via SAP Marketplace, the info in the guide is complete and very detailed. Also, this is a subject that has been touched lots of times here, you can do a search and find lots of threads containing valid info.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> and SAP is an Ocean.

And that is exactly why you need to learn how to swim by yourself.

There will not always be nice forum members to send you the coast guard when drowning...

The first thing to learn in the SAP world is how to find out the necessary information which always exists.

Beleave it or not, but a lot of old people ( like me ) were able to learn SAP technology before the information was so easily available on the Internet.

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you look at this

[]

Regards,

Muralidhar