Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make-to-Stock Procurement of Configurable Material

jeff_t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to procure a kit material that consists of up to hundreds of components. It will be stocked and sold at the kit level and will be batch-managed. Due to missing components when received from the supplier, and later due to cannabalism after procurement between kits, each stocked kit will often have a different composition from another of the same kit material code.

This is similar to cMTS (configurable make-to-stock) with procurement instead of production, and configuration is after-the-fact rather than driving procurement.

We have ERP 6 with Enhancement Package 3 installed (EhP3), but without an SCM system.

We are considering activating "Industry Extension Discrete Industries Mill Products (ECCDIMP 602), since in EhP2 a new feature is introduced on ERP-side: "Make-to-Stock Production for Configurable Materials". This also allows characteristic value assignments to be changed at the batch level (where a material variant = specfic batch). And in EhP4 individual batch valuation becomes available for DIMP.

Does anyone know if this DIMP functionality will also work for procurement rather than production?

We do not want to create material variants for each different composition, since even the specifc batch can vary over time. We are considering using batch classification but there are hundred's of different kit materials and every kit material would require a different batch class. I realise that variant configuration would also potentially require a different configurable class per kit material, except that configurable classes are more flexible and have more capabilities (e.g. dependencies).

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

my answer come very late. As I am not sure you will still be interested I keep it short:

the batch valuation part will not work for procurement, as the PO price will not be read.

For the configuration part I could consult a colleague, if you are still interested. give me a note.

best regards,

Udo