cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh data connections after the load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a dashboard that has a number of real time performance measures but also contains a WTD component.

My issue is that accessing the data from the operational system for all figures for the WTD takes longer then I would like to have the users wait for the dashboard to load.

What I would like to do is load only those figures for the current day using refresh on load but trigger the other connection to refresh after the dashboard is displayed. However I do not wish to run the query more then once as the WTD figures won't change and hence don't want to us the refresh every _ seconds/min

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Geoff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to update if anyone has the same question.

I solved this problem by adding a transparent connection refresh button and setting this to refresh on load. Apparently this is different to the refresh on load in the Data Connections area.

As explained in this whitepaper

http://meetthetaylors.com/files/xcelsius2008_refreshonopen.pdf

the Data Connections refresh on load gets the data before it generates the components and displays the page. And as the connection refresh button is a component it must be generated before it can refresh data. Therefore when selecting refresh on load for the connection refresh button you are essentially getting triggering the data connection after the page is generated.

Hope this explanation is helpful