cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "logon" button for BPC for Excel,powerpoint and word .

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there way to hide u201CLOGONu201D button for BPC for excel, word and PowerPoint. We want that our end users canu2019t see it.We have 300 users . Is there any environment variable or BPC package setting for this to do it for all users in one shot?

Thanks,

Saquib Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saquib,

I don't know of and can't find an environment variable for that. The best I can suggest is to create a script to hide the Logon tool bar. Maybe this is an excel registry setting, I can't find any, but it could be just vba sciprt to hide the bar with excel is opened.

Hope this is vaguely helpful

Tim

Edited by: Tim Atkins on May 14, 2009 10:49 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still don't get why this requirement but I can understand it is required by a customer.

I don't understand where is the problem if somebody will press by mistake that button.

It will prompt login window and the user will be able to press cancel button.

I think the solution proposed it is really dangerours and it can cause a lot of issues with BPC if you will delete the logon dll.

What I want to clarify is who is asking about that button to be hide?

Are we speaking about BPC users?

If yes then they will use a really nice functionality.

Majority of BPC users are working in Excel and at some moment they need access to BPC.

So in that case it is easy they have just to press the logon button.

If you will hide that button they will have to go into launch page and from there to start BPC webexcel.

So that's means they will really loose a lot of time just to be back again into excel.

So I don't get why the people request to hide that button.

Let's suppose somebody press by mistake that button ...what is the issue with that?

I need to understand the requirements to be able to understand what kind of solution we can provide for customer.

Regards

Sorin radulescu

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't understand what is the issue but I logon button is coming from ev4excel.xla (addins into excel).

So if you installed BPC client into computer you will see that buton and it allow the users to be in excel and to logininto BPC without going out from excel or without opening other interface.

I don't understand why the logon button represent a problem.

Can you please provide more details?

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sorin ,

I know, it is wired requirement but it is something big guns want. They donu2019t want users look at it and say what it is or they just hit it accidently.

Thanks,

-Saquib

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's some registry setting that makes the logon button disappear, and I wish I knew what it was. If you find out which one, please post here.

Ever since I installed some client software a few months back, I lost my logon button. After uninstalling & reinstalling a handful of times, searching through the registry to clean out some old junk, I couldn't get it resolved.

Ever since then, I've been launching BPC for Excel by opening Ev4Excel.xla directly; that causes the logon screen to pop up.

The logon button is part of the "outlooksoft for office" toolbar. I've got to believe there is some VBA that will make that disappear -- if I right-click my toolbar area, and un-check that toolbar, it disappears. But it's not just the logon button, the entire toolbar goes away -- with all the useful buttons to expand, refresh, submit, etc.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Iu2019ve found two approaches to disable SAP BPC u201Clogonu201D button.

Approach # 1

If you look at c:\program files->BPC. You will see a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) with the name u201COSoftLogon.dllu201D. I took it out from BPC folder and after that when I clicked u201Clogonu201D button on excel I got an error saying "Automation error" . But youu2019ll still see u201Clogonu201D icon in excel.

Approach # 2

Go to Start->RUN -> type "regedit" and look for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\OSoftAddIn50.Connect"

and delete it , ( Tim you want to check it for you , is it there or not )

Thanks,

Saquib