cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 RFC Communication Channel not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently upgraded to PI 7.1 and I am having a problem getting my RFC adapter to work. This is the error message:

Error when calling an adapter by using the communication channel CC_UDF_RFC_CALL_TO_PI_ABAP (Party: , Service: IS_D06, Object ID: 5873a160602e3be5866ab820596b752c) The channel with object ID 5873a160602e3be5866ab820596b752c could not be found in the Integration Server Java Cache. Check if the channel exists in the Integration Builder Directory and execute a refresh of the Java Cache

I went to SXI_CACHE and refreshed (Delta nad Complete). I can see that the CC exists in integration builder.

How can I determine what is causing this error?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Matt,

Just check if your communication channel exists in the CPA cache using below url

http://<host>:<port>/CPACache

click on display cache content and check if you see your communication channel there

thanks

Sunil Singh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

I had an * selected for the Party. When I deleted the * and left the Party blank the channel started working.

I don't understand how this would cause errors, but the RFC channel is working now...

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are having the same problem and we dont have * in the CC but the error is as below. We have restarted the prod serve and also did the complete cache refresh but no luck.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are having the same problem and we dont have * in the CC but the error is as below. We have restarted the prod serve and also did the complete cache refresh but no luck.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, this solved my problem, same issue with * in the Party field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.

I've done all the tasks you guys have requested and I am still getting the same error.

I should point out that this is a UDF that calls a function module in the PI backend through an RFC communication channel. It worked in XI 3.0 but when I moved it to our PI 7.1 system it is failing.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have the exact Business system name and communication channel present in Interation Directory that you use in UDF. With PI 7.1, you can perform the lookups graphically but UDF scenario should also work. Also perform full SXI_CACHE refresh.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

verify if you can use solution from this thread....same problem faced....

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This surely needs to be a cache issue.

First thing is to check in the ID menu for cache notifications. See of everything is green

Else your can do a refresh from the menu itself else use the link http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check the cache notification after activating the Comm channel in ID whether cache is properly updating for the changes in the comm channel.

Menu--> Environment --> Cache Notification

If cache notification is proper thentry to refresh CPA cache using following URL and execute ur scenario.

[http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full]

Edited by: Samiullah Qureshi on May 14, 2009 8:36 AM