cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo user personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

How can we reverse a particular user's personalization on a webdynpro component? I am not talking about the property WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION here.

What happened is that on a simple webdynpro component that has only one view outputting a table I mistakenly right clicked on the table and chose User Settings -> Hide table. The table disappeared and I cannot get it back. All I see is a completely blank web page.

Because there are no other elements on the screen I cannot right click and choose Discard Settings For Entire Application. If I right click on the blank page I just get the usual IE context menu for a page with options like View Source etc.

Simply adding the property WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION = X won't work because then everyone else is affected and cannot use personalization. I just want an undo facility.

Please help

Regards

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

You can use the following webdynpro application to undo any user personlization

WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun.

Please see this screenshot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24121690@N06/3530503652/

I am on Netweaver 7.01 with EHP1.

Regards

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand and Arjun

I appreciate the answers guys. However as I said in my original post if there is one main element (a table in my case) and you hide that then you do not have access anymore to the context menu User Settings -> Invisible Elements etc.

The SAP generated Javascript that creates the context menu for User settings etc requires that you right click on an element. If the only element has been hidden then this context menu does not get shown. All that appears is the default IE context menu for Back, Reload, View Source etc.

Regards.

Dave

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

However as I said in my original post if there is one main element (a table in my case) and you hide that then you do not have access anymore to the context menu User Settings -> Invisible Elements etc.

I am not sure if that is true.

I have tried it myself. I have only one UI element on my view. Even if I hide it and then right click on the screen, I do get the User Setting context menu. I am not sure why you are not getting that menu. Try making a new application.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I dont get user settings context menu when all the UI elements in the application are hidden. Please refer to the link below which says

"You can make hidden elements visible again by calling any other element."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Navigate to Reference -> End User and Administrator Personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go thru this thread.

thnks

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Just right click on the screen>user settings>invisible elements-->there you'll see an option to restore the table. Use it.

Regards

Arjun