cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Sample items to be captured in separate G/L Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I gone through the thread before posting this because of some confustion still i had in my mind.

My cleint requirement is Finished products which normally processed in the sales order as TAN, some times given to customer as a "FREE SAMPLE" for a promotion purpose or during new product launch.

While sending Material to the customer these "FREE SAMPLE", my client not collecting any amount.

The invoce value is ZERO.

But for accounting point of view they want to capture this FREE SAMPLE ITEMS. They have to show the government about the value of free sample distributed for a certain period.

I tried to convince my client use it as a FREE GOODS, TANN item category, for FREE SAMPLE also.

*But they want to capture both FREE GOODS and FREE SAMPLES in DIFFERENT G/L account.

Can anyone suggest me.?

Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harishkumar,

What is the material code for the sample material? Is it the same as that of the finished goods? If it is different then you can create a separate material account asignment group.

A.........Separate material code for the sample material.

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Account Assignment/Costing - Revenue Account Determination - Check Master Data Relevant For Account Assignment - Materials: Account Assignment Groups

Execute & create a new one for sample material.

In the material master of the sample material select the material account assignment group & in VKOA maintained the G/L account as per the material account assignment group.

Note: In case of sample sale, the order type will not be relevant for billing. If at all you make it relevant for billing the system will create an accounting document when the invoice is saved because for the accounting entries to be hit an invoice should be created.

B........Same material for the sample sale (finished goods material will be sent as a sample)

In this case you will be having some entry in the material account assignment group which will be copied in the sales order. But in the sales order the material account assignment group is not changeable at the item level. When you create the invoice make sure the material account assignment group is changed so that when the invoice is saved the system will post the value in the relevant G/L account (specially created for free goods & sample goods).

Also as it is a sample sale the sales Tax will not be applicable, so in the pricing you will only have the selling price condition type.

1. Create a Z document type copying from FD document type in transaction code VOV8.

2. Create a separate item category, copy from KLN & save as ZKLN........in the field billing relevance select option "A" so that system will allow invoice based on the delivery only...........in the field pricing select X - standard pricing.

3. In transaction code VOV4 do the item category determination for the new document type.

4. Maintain the copy control settings........sales order to delivery...........delivery to invoice.

5. Create a new pricing procedure for sample sales & do the pricing procedure determination in OVKK. Check the document pricing procedure assignment.......assign C to the new sales order type.

6. In transaction code VKOA maintain the relevant G/L account determination as per the sample account assignment group.

Run a complete cycle & check the accounting entries. But this will be shown as an open item in transaction code FBL5N.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil.

Idhasoft Ltd.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you maintaining these samples with different material numbers(different from their regular material numbers). If yes, you can use a different AAG for these materials and then accordingly assign a different GL account for the account key in the Revenue account determination.

Thanks,

Ravi