Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the [standard view] when using the ALV list

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have come across a strange problem with the [standard view] when using the ALV list.

I am using the standard ALV component SALV_WD_TABLE. I have configured the ALV columns, row count, standard width, functions etc and it all works fine. Then suddenly the 'standard view' when viewing the component though the portal stops working. By default all the columns are hidden and the number of rows displayed is zero. As the 'standard view' can not be modified we can not change this.

After transporting the component to the QA system we don't get that problem. So I can't believe that its with the code.

We have also cleared the users personalisation settings and still have the problem.

Running the component though test from SE80 I don't get the problem. (However due to the landscape we can not log on as the same user in the portal as the backend. To see if it's the user that causes the problem)

Has anyone come across this problem before, or does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

Note: 1139199 - WD ABAP ALV standard view does not contain any columns

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion to debug the problem - but I have no idea what I'm looking for.

I answer to your question, this is not restricted to just the one user. It has happened to a few, but not all. Not sure what the trigger is.

Now it has happened for a non-portal user, that is to say when I run it test mode from SE80. Debugging has not shed any light on it. All behaves as I would expect. All the alv formatting code is executed, then the component loads and by default the 'standard view' has all column set as hidden.

Looking at this from a different perspective, when, in an alv you create a custom view and 'save as' to store the settings, does anyone know where that is saved too ? Can we delete the settings for the user ? or see the personalization ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phil,

you mean to say this problem is happening for only one user.put external breakpoints and debug the code for that user

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri