cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table in smartform !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts!

I've been trying to print the invoice output with the item details in the table layout.

But iam unable to draw a physical table in the smartform.

Already tried wid patterns but at the output the width of the line becomes 20-30 times of the actual width of the line, couldn't understand where to make the settings.

Even glanced at the standard samrtforms but couldn't understand how to create sections and table with different patterns..

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Parwez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

right-click window.

create table

in data tab put table and work area

in table tab use the Details button to design the line type

multiple line types possible so you can have variable columns on each row,

make sure the columns total the same as the table width

When you create a row in the header/main/footer you will be asked for your line type.

It will then propose the cells for you.

Use the Pattern button to put boxes/lines around it.

Tables can be frustrating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts!

I have tried all the abopve options ,but in vain.

I have even tried to print only the empty table by designing the template line types into a tabular format and then applying the pattern to it but still in the output i get the table but the width of the lines in the table are 20-30 times of the actual width of the line.

If i remove the option of the frame pattern then nothing comes in the output.

I'm really confused at how to draw a simple table in the smartform.

Regards,

parwez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to create another table instead of using that one. Could you Please delete it. Otherwise it is time waste procesing. Create another table with 15.00 TW measurement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said that width of the column is given ,but check the units as small like CM not chars. try to give small values.

Thanks,

Suma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirza,

[Printing Tables|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/07/57f78cf5d111d4b65c006094192fe3/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to give 15.00 with TW as measurement is better. If you find above 15.00 then first delete the value and press enter. again give 15.00 then press enter. Then only it will works fine. Dont directly gie 15.00 in place of anotehr value. it will not applicapable to table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirza,

In Smartforms, in the window which you want to display Items,,, I hope you already declared in the table format,,,

Now in the tables select pattern & apply as per your requirement..

the pattern shows for Header & Mainarea & for Footer.. This should work fine..

But you said the output width is changing. for this try to do changing width to 15.00 & its Unbits to TW

Thanks & regards,

Dileep .C