cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punchout Catalog - "No Service Name Specified"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to create an OCI connection for a punch-out catalog and run into an error every time I try to bring the items back to my SRM server from the supplier's website.

The error says...

No Service Name Specified

Your request did not contain a service name. Please provide a service name as part of the URL.

Example URL:

http://.../scripts/wgate/CreateSO/!

or...

Session Already Terminated

There is currently no session running that might accept this request.

This situation usually occurs if your session has been closed by the Internet Transaction Server and you tried to navigate to a previously requested page by selecting BACK in your browser. To proceed you must first restart the session as described above.

© 1996-2005, SAP AG

Does anyone know what service name it's referring to? Or what's the cause of this error?

Thanks.

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you supply us with details of the call structure used to connect to this external application?

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.groupe-rg-webshop.com/steelcase?sap-client=310&sap-user=steelconnect&sap-password=safety URL

shop / client 310 Fixed Value

USERNAME steelconnect Fixed Value

PASSWORD safety Fixed Value

SRC SAP Fixed Value

ACTION Anmelden Fixed Value

LANGUAGE FR Fixed Value

HOOK_URL Return URL

~OkCode ADDI Fixed Value

~Target _top Fixed Value

~caller CTLG Fixed Value

Sorry that I cannot format it to make it easier to read/follow, but each line (except the first line) has a paramter NAME, followed by parameter Value and Type.

Thanks.

SN

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

What are the following parameters present for?

shop / client 310 Fixed Value What is this??

USERNAME steelconnect Fixed Value Already passed in the URL??

PASSWORD safety Fixed Value As above

SRC SAP Fixed Value ????

ACTION Anmelden Fixed Value ?????????

Also - it may be worth downloading the Simtech HTTP WAtch application and using this to trace the HTTP response to verify the external catalog is passing the correct values back in the POST data. Compare the return data with that passed from a working catalog.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those parameters are passed to the supplier's website for authentication.

Upon coming back, the return url contains all the parameters listed below the HOOK_URL. Are these the values you say can be seen in the POST data from Simtech HTTP Watch?

SN

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The supplier catalog is accessible without these additional parameters, I could access it directly just clicking on the link.

Please remove these and retest.

What I had wanted you to check in the HTTP Watch was if the external catalog was returning the data in the correct format required by OCI, i.e. was the catalog supplier also passing a valuation for the return URL etc or changing the url in any way. The SRM application handles the HOOK_URL directly and it should not be 'interfered' with by the catalog owner.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

My understanding is that the return URL is determined during runtime. How do I know if the return URL from the supplier is good? Can I find this info in SICF?

SN

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN

Please proceed as follows:

Download/Install (if possible) a full registered version of HTTP watch

Open a correctly working catalog and shop from this catalog with the HTTP watch turned on.

Review the HTTP watch HWL log file produced paying attention to the POST data on return from the catalog to see the structure of the return URL used in this 'working' example.

Do the same from the non working catalog and compare the difference of the return data, see if the external cat vendor is passing 'extra' values.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jason. We found that the issue is in the return url from the supplier.

SN

Answers (0)