cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route and Loading Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

All Gurus:

I am trying to create a route for a specific shipping point (one plant) where the loading time is different for every route. I am looking at configuration for defining shipping point:

IMG > Enterprise Structure > Definition > Logistics Execution > Define, copy, delete, check shipping point. Under "Determine Times", there is "Determine load. times" and 4 options:

No loading time determination

A Route dependent

B Route independent (Route ' ')

C Default from shipping point

If select "C" and specify 11 days for "Loading Time with Days", the system will always have 11 days defaulting on the sales order schedule lines between the "Loading Date" and the "Goods Issue Date".

What I need is to have more flexibility as to the number of days on the Loading time. If I select A or B, can you please let me know what that would do and where I can configure it so that the system gives me more flexibility as to the number of Loading Days?

Thanks in advance,

Ta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hello

I your case "A"- Route dependent is the standard option for you. In this case it will calculate transit time + Trans Lead Time (Pick/pack) time from every route for a single ship point. Only thin g is you need to maintain transit time and tranportation lead time in the definition of route.

Hope this answers you.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Amol:

When I try your suggestion, the Loading Date and the Goods Issue Dates are the same. I want them to be different by specific days. Is there another way of doing this? Do you know the functionality behind the "Route Stages" and the "Transportation Connection Point"?

Thanks,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tal -

When the loading date and GI date is same you can change the GI date by adding number of days in the field "TransLdTm". This time will get calulated as loading time. In each route definition this may vary according to requirement. this will give you different transit time determination for single ship point.

In configuration do setting as below e.g.

TransitTime 10

Trav.dur.

TransLdTm. 1

TrLeadTimeHrs

With this system will calculate in reverse way from delivery date to customer based on route transit time.

Material availability date + loading time (1) + transit time (10) ... this will be the calculation.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know anything else you require on this.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there anything in 'vanilla' ERP (or better CRM), which is doing this calculation? I need that date for validation, but I am not a expert in logistics and I do not know in which transaction such a logic is performed. I would be hightly interested if there is any function module around, which I can just call to give me the date or just the "lead-time" for a single product?

Regards,

Andreas

Edited by: Andreas (Ecomize) on Jul 3, 2009 7:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

You are always better off posting new questions in a new post. Some of the Forum members will not respond to a post when the status of the post is already set to 'answered' and points have been awarded.

Anyhow, I am not sure what you are trying to validate, but during Sales order entry, ERP performs an availability check. It then produces a proposal. In this proposal, all dates have been calculated and are available for inspection: Proposed delivery date, goods issue date, loading date, transportation planning date, and material availability date. You can see these prior to accepting the proposals during the ATP check. No special function module is needed.

Standard Availability check simulation in ERP is transaction CO09. This will display the material availability date. This is the basis of lead time calculations. I am not aware of a transaction in ERP that will also perform a simulation of delivery scheduling and shipment scheduling, other than the standard ATP check done in the sales order (VA01/VA02).

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. It was very helpful.