cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming activity results in rescheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When confirming activities that have relationships I am getting the network rescheduled... Automatic rescheduling check is off.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks.

Neil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Followup in a different thread...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for your information, does not matter whether automatic scheduling is on or off, whenever you set dates on the dates tab, recheduling is done.

Do you know any way to do a partial confirmation programatically without setting real dates on the tab?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the shift order tick applied in OPU6.

OR

Is the requirement like not to re-schedule activities once scheduled after mentioning start and end dates in network?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The exact requirement would be not to automatically reschedule the project once released. Could only be reschedulled manually by chosing reschedule option on WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, The shift order checked is ON now, but I am still getting the activity replanned. The weird thing is that the earliest and latest dates are getting replanned not taking into account the actual dates but a minute float.

Therefore if I had the following planned dates:

Earliest 04.01.09 - 05.02.09

Latest 04.01.09 - 05.02.09

It changes to:

Earliest 04.01.09 00:00:00- 06.02.09 00:00:00

Latest 03.01.09 23:59:00 - 05.02.09 23:59:00

I feel like I'm missing something here!

Please help...

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

If there is date-relevant changes (e.g. confirmation) of activtiy, then this activity get re-scheduled, independent on, if the automatic scheduling is active or not. It is so called 'scheduling light', it schedule a single activity only, not the whole network.

Maybe the consulting note 151551 can give you more information about it.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanks for the tip but I see two main problems here:

1. My main concern is the difference of one minute on the scheduling when the task is released or when it is partially confirmed. Why is the system using different basis to calculate when the duration has not changed? Neither the earliest start date nor the latest finish date change, only the earliest finish and the latest start dates. I was reading the note you suggested (VERY interesting by the way) but could not find an explanation for it.

2. Using SAP PS help.sap.com

When is Scheduling Carried Out?

A network is scheduled:

If you create a network.

If you call up the schedule function.

When you save the network, depending on whether you have set the Schedule automat. indicator in the network header.

If you release the network, the indicator is set automatically and the network is scheduled each time you save it.

If you have made a change relevant to scheduling - for example, changed a duration in the activity or a relationship - and then have saved the network. *This function depends on the settings you made in the scheduling parameters (Schedule automat. indicator).*

If you make changes in the network which are relevant to scheduling, the system automatically sets the status "Dates are not updated" (NTUP).

May this lead to an OSS message?

Thanks a lot for your help, I'd really appreciate any suggestion about this.

Kind regards,

Neil