cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Deleting Records in MDM Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a problem to delete a recod in MDM Data Manager, the message was showing for me as in below:

-

Error Deleting Record(s)

The record(s) cannot be deleted because one or more records in another table have a field set to the value(s) of the record(s) you are attempting to delete.

-

I have double checked and removed in all the tables which may possible relate to this record value but I am still getting this error. Can anyone tell ? Is there any way or log that I can track to know the detail information for example the name of the table or name of the field that is still using this value in MDM Data Manager ?

Any infos or helps from you are much appreciated !

Thanks very much for your help

Regards,

Wei Dona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

Error Deleting Record(s)

The record(s) cannot be deleted because one or more records in another table have a field set to the value(s) of the record(s) you are attempting to delete

This error arises if you are trying to a record which is linked to some other record in any other table. It wont allow you to do so.

Now coming straight to your question, one thing you can do is check manually. As you have mentioned that you have double checked it. There is no log which can help you in this regard.

However, try this workaround,

Use the Search option in the tables in the data manager, based on the values of the table values you wish to delete. This would give you only the records( in all tables separately) which all linked to the table you wish to delete. You can then manually break the link between the tables.

This would hopefully allow you then delete the intended table record.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dona

Apart from all these also check your qualified tables if the lookup entry is used in any record. This can be found by doing search in qualified table search options.

hope this helps.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and all,

Thanks your reply and suggestions.

I am trying to delete one QL field which is containing the following kinds type of the other fields:

1) lookup flat

2) calculated

3) create stamp

I can delete everything in 1) and 2) but except the 3). On the line of this field, I can see that this field is blank except the create stamp in grey. Any possible links to this field are all checked and removed by doing search if it is even with the NULL values. But....

the error message is still existing for this field when I perform a final deleting.

Does anybody know how to delate it totally ?

Thanks again

Wei Dona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the Create Stamp field from Console itself by navigating to appropriate Qualified table and later you can recreate it if required.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dona,

If you are still facing the same problem, apart from the points mentioned above once restart the server because we have seen that this problem might due to improper refresh also.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh and Pramod,

Thanks very much for your reply.

If I delete this "Create Stamp" field in Qualified table from Console, it deletes all time stamp of other fields (in my case it is around 152 records) which should not be deleted.

When I create this field again, the original time stamp will be replaced with the new time. But is there any way that I can re-store these different creating time ? Because from our business point of view, it is not accepted if I change them by deleting one record only.

Thanks again for your help

Kind regards,

Wei Dona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dona,

If you do not want to delete all the create stamps values of all the records and at the same time you want to delete the create stamp field,then you can try this workaround.

- Create an assignment field in the Console

- Create a Time stamp field in the console

- Under Assingment tab ,write an Assignment to copy the value of the create stamp field into the Assignment field.

- This will make sure that all the records create stamp values are restored and saved in another field and then you can delete the timestamp field if required.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei ,

You are not able to delete the records because the attributes that you have set for the records are linked up.So first check which category does the record belong to.Then go to the taxonomy mode and unlink all the attributes.Do the same thing for the hierarchy tables also.Then you can delete the record.

One best thing which you can do is to go the data manager search selection tab which is the last tab beside the workflow tab.Select the record go to search selection tab there you can see all the information about your record like which category it belongs to manufacturers etc..so you can get a better idea.

I hope it helps you.

Thanks

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

You can perform a search on the records to check if the record is used by any other record.

This way you can make sure that the record (to be deleted) is not linked to any record.

Hope this helsp!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

You are trying to delete the record from lookup table. From the console you can check that the table from which you want to delete the record is linked with which tables in the repository. Then use the search option to search the value to be deleted in the respective tables and remove them. Now you should able to delete the record.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja