cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in TrustedSession Authentication scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to register repository for notifications. I'm creating a trusted session between Java API and MDM. here's the code i'm using.

the repositories in the server and return the repo id of my repository.
CreateUserSessionCommand createUserSessionCommand =new CreateUserSessionCommand(connection);
createUserSessionCommand.setRepositoryIdentifier(repId);
createUserSessionCommand.setDataRegion(getRegion(connection, repId)); //once again, this method gives me the dataRegion for English [US]
createUserSessionCommand.execute();
String session = createUserSessionCommand.getUserSession();

TrustedUserSessionCommand trustCmd = new TrustedUserSessionCommand(connection);
trustCmd.setSession(session);
trustCmd.setUserName("Q02466");
trustCmd.execute();

RepositorySessionContext repCtxt = new RepositorySessionContext(serverName, RepositoryNameAsString, userName);

But when i reach the last line, i get the following error

3/05/2009 15:25:57 com.sap.mdm.logging.MdmLogger error
GRAVE: Can not authenticate repository session '<server=165.28.46.94 serverUser=Admin repository=MYREPO_DEV user=MyUser>' because user password is not specified

In trusted scenario, i don't have a password to be sent to MDM. How shall i create a repository context here?

Thanks

ak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please try Authenticating the server session while creating using the AuthenticateServerSessionCommand and see if the issue persist.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was with the MDM.ini file. The string key for TrustedFilesDir had some typo (space between words). Looks like it was inconsistent across some documentations that my Basis consultant had looked at. Anyways, my applications work fine with Extended approach after i set the sessionContext.setTrusted method to true.

It doesn't matter whether i set password or not, it will work fine.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While stating dummy password I wanted to convey you can use any string as password.

You can use "abc" or "123". All are dummy.

The point is the password field should have some value. For a trusted connection this password field won't be utilized for authentication, this will be bypassed . But some initial check (like null value check) won't allow us to proceed with blank password value.

Hope I am not confusing you.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although for trusted connections a password is not required, MDM server management requires every user to have a password.

Therefore when creating any user or repository session you are still required to enter a password. Use a dummy password and execute the command.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that replies.

However, i can't send any password (even a dummy one) to MDM because i don't have one.

My mdm and portal will be linked to LDAP and there is no public api (in portal as far as i'm aware of) which will get me the password from LDAP for the given user (unless the user does an user mapping in Portal system with his/her LDAP user id and password).

If i can get the password from user mapping details, i have no need to use TrustedxxxxxSessionCommand class at all. I might as well use AuthenticatexxxxSessionCommand classes and my application works perfectly fine...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

ak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Arunkumar

when we create system in portal for connection to mdm server we need set user password for that connection - a mean it is axiom.So, we can not connect to mdm server without it.

are you can check allow.ip deny.ip files in mdm server directory,maybe you cannot add trasted/not trasted hosts adress to it?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

In that case you just set login/password in MDM and connect to MDM with login/password

Best regards