cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access UME from WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to the following in WD for Java running on WAS6.40(<u>without EP</u>)?

Create a WD application with a page where there are two fields : username and passwd.

Is it possible to get this pair of user id and passwd authenicated by calling any UME API from the WD application.

Thanx in advance,

Bhupesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Bhupesh,

Hope So U r Searching for Best Answer...Regarding your question for getting username and password thrgh UME API.

I had worked on an application where i get the Logged UserName and Password and other Information Stored in the LDAP Server.For that i created a I-view in which all information of Logged-in User is displayed thrgh Context, for this I use "com.sap.security.core.usermanagement".

Hope so following code may be help-ful to u..

-

IWDClientUser wdUser = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();

IUser user = wdUser.getSAPUser();

nSpace = user.getAttributeNamespaces();

nameSpace = user.getAttributeNames("com.sap.security.core.usermanagement");

for(int i = 0 ; i < nameSpace.length; i++)

{

if(nameSpace<i>.equals("uniquename"))

{

attrib = user.getAttribute("com.sap.security.core.usermanagement",nameSpace<i>);

//wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(":::::::: "nameSpace<i>" "+attrib.length);

for(int j =0 ; j < attrib.length; j++)

{

//wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Login ID::::::-->"+attrib[j]);

wdContext.currentContextElement().setLoginid(attrib[j]);

}

userID = attrib[0];

}

-

Similarly one-by-one u can get all the information of logged-in User......................

Cheers..........;-)))

regard's

Dheerendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe this is not enough for you, but the easiest way is to put the property: sap.authentication=true in your application properties. You find these under

<Project Name> - Web Dynpro - Applications - <Your Application> - Edit and switch to the application-properties tab in the editor that just opened. There you should add a property with name sap.authentication and value true. This will send the user to the standard UME logon screen if he/she is not already authenticated. This does not require the Enterprise, or NetWeaver, Portal.

Regards

Mattias

Message was edited by: Mattias Johansson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I need to have a custom page as I need to have a certain look and feel to the login page instead of the standard login page of the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

That was what I was "afraid" of. I'm currently trying to figure out how to work with authentication schemes myself, as we have some complex demands on our authentication solution.

If you haven't done it, take a look at <a href="http://http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d3/1dd4516c518645a59e5cff2628a5c1/frameset.htm">Defining an Authentication Scheme</a>.

I'm looking at it now, i'll let you know if I find something useful. In short it lets u redefine the "default authentication scheme", which is what Web Dynpro uses.

Regards

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Mattias for ur reply.Best wishes for ur search.

I look forward to get some inputs from u.

regards,

Bhupesh