cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom themes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Xcelsius help" shows me how to create and save custom Color Schemes but nothing comparable for the Schemes. However, some configurations of the standard themes would be nice to be changed: e.g. color gradients, design of component frames etc.

Does anybody have best practices to deal with this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg

You cannot create custom Themes for Xcelsius but you can use a Colour scheme from one Theme in another Theme. See this thread:

Hope this helps

Charles

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to my respondents!

Maybe you've been a bit confused because I made a typing fault:

I meant: "... save custom Color Schemes but nothing comparable for the Themes."

Nevertheless, I may sum that there is no option to change Themes in detail. Even worse there are some design issues you can not change at all, e.g. color gradients. Additionally, there are some more usability problems with Xcelsius. For example, if you drag all six available gauges of the Theme "Aqua" into the Canvas area and change then to Theme "Admiral" all of them will be changed and you won't be able to "undo". Thus, you should always choose for the Theme first and than start with developing your applications. This seems a very bad design for me. One should feedback this to SAP that they put much more effort in their "Flagship".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

You have the flexibility to create a new color scheme in Xcelsius. When you are viewing the color schemes under the "Colors" tab, right click and select "Create New" to customize an existing theme. You can also create a new theme using "Create New Color Scheme". Please refer to the Advanced settings link when customizing or creating a new theme to provide the background-color, border color etc for the different components.

You can also refer to the links given below

http://ryangoodman.net/blog/index.php/2008/05/14/using-the-xcelsius-2008-color-scheme-bui

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9780768685688/ch20lev1sec5

Hope it helps

Regards

Nikhil