cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloring of selected table cells: Ideas wanted

0 Kudos

Hi there,

for a WD ABAP component to be re-used in various scenarios my customer seek the most comfortable and fency way to color table cells which have been selected first.

I am almost sure that there is no UI Control in ABAP WD which allows the selction of cells in a grid, pane, table whatever, right?

Most suitable would be if the cell itself can be selected and then some image within is beeing displayed or even a background color is set.

I looked into placing a button and image in UI Pane or table/ALV cells but not 100% statisfied with it.

Is there a better way in order to "simulate" the described requirement?

As always, the best idea will get the point

Regards

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the tips. Both helped very much.

I implemented the simple Table UI because which was sufficient for us but the ALV example is very useful also.

But related to this I have another question:

My first the coding didn't work because my Table UI already had a (static) value assigned to it's design property.

In this case, although I have assigned a dynamic WD_UI_CELL_DESIGN context attribute to the cellDesign property of it didn't show the color.

Only after the Table design property was set to 'standard' the cell displayed the color.

Does anyone know what the reason for this is?

In my opinion any design value applied to the cellDesign property should overrie the inherited table design property. My release already is NW 7.01 so it not seems to be fixed via EhP.

Regards

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go through this thread. it might help you

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make a node of type WDUI_TABLE_CELL_DESIGN and bind it to cell design property of particular column (you want to color) of your table.

codes for particular color can be seen in value range of type WDUI_TABLE_CELL_DESIGN

read the node and use following code for coloring selected table cells :-

• SETTING BACKGROUND COLOR AND DESIGN OF OUTPUT

lv_zcolor1 = '15'.

lv_zcolor = '00'.

wa_text-zcolor = lv_zcolor.

wa_text-zcolor1 = lv_zcolor1.

• APPENDING ALL VALUES TO INTERNAL TABLE

append wa_text to itab_text1.

Finally bind your internal table to node

Here "15" is for group level-3 and "00" is for standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos