cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy data migration to cProjects, issue with 'Status' field

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to convert projects from legacy system to cProjects 3.1. (data migration).

We dont have any tools available for this, we are considering generating XML files with legacy project data and import them into cProjects.

We tried to do this, but the problem is with the Status field in cProjects.

If we make the Status values (XML tags) as 'Released' or 'Cancelled', the system is importing them as 'Created' only, Project and Task level.

We could have set the Status as 'Released' manually, but there are thousands of small projects, and also the Status of Task ... is it too time consuming job to set the Statuses manually.

Could any of Guru's suggest a work around method for this?

Thanks in Advance,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am a functional Consultant. I want to know how to upload the excel file to cProjects. Any BAPI's or utilities.

regards,

rajesh.

Edited by: Rajesh Madala on Jan 21, 2008 6:24 PM

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

the problem with the Satus sound strange.

For that please open an OSS call with example.

But you can also use the BAPIs like

BAPI_BUS2172_SET_STATUS for Project

BAPI_BUS2173_SET_STATUS for phase

BAPI_BUS2175_SET_STATUS for tasks

etc.

Regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

thanks for your response.

'Create BAPI' is a solution, but we wanted to do with XML, thought it would be simple and fast.

We had one more issue recently. When we create XML code with Resources assigned to Roles and upload the xml file into cProjects, we can see the Resources (staffing assignment) properly. But once we try 'Save' the file,

all Resources are lost (Roles would be there).

Do we have notes or patches which will solve this problem ? or is it a bug ?

Thanks,

Santosh.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am also having same 'Status' issue with the Legacy data migration to cProjects. Did you find any solution for this. If so, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

We never had any answer or solution for this. We migrated about 2000 projects using XML.

We had to set the 'Status' field manually!!

no other go!!

thanks,

Santosh

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi San ix,

I have heard the issue from other customer, the reason is that during migration using XML the system works like to create a new project using template. That is why, the status 'created' is avaiable after migration. To integrate other status is frp, technical view might be possible, but not existing in cProject.

A workaround is perhaps as Björn suggested, to use the BAPI call so set other status. You can create an own table to store the status of the objects, after the migration is done, let a batch job run, which use this table and call the BAPI.

Kind regards!

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Setting of the STATUS is possible via BAPI.

Once you create the Project definition you can then use the GUID and set the status of the newly created project.

I you want to set the STATUS to anything other than RELEASE. Make sure to set it to RELEASE 1st then to wat ever you choose. You can do both all of the above before you COMMIT

Below is some nasic code which worked for me.

&----

*& Report YYPY001_TEST

*&

&----

*&

*&

&----

REPORT YYPY001_TEST.

data i_trans type BAPI_TS_BUSINESS_TRANSACTION.

data e_return type BAPIRET2 OCCURS 0.

data e_return1 type BAPIRET2 OCCURS 0.

i_trans-BUSINESS_TRANSACTION = 'RELEASE'.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_BUS2172_SET_STATUS'

EXPORTING

project_definition_guid = '44BDF2BDF5BB2075E1000000CB195E30'

• IV_STATUS_PROFILE =

IS_BUSINESS_TRANSACTION = i_trans

TABLES

RETURN = e_return

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_CPROJECTS_COMMIT_WORK'

TABLES

return = e_return1

rajeev_shanker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Is there a way of programatically assigning resources to tasks and roles?

Kind Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am have trouble migrating ROLE data. I am able to create a ROLE as required. However for some reason the WORK_EFFORT field is not being populated. I have double check that i am calling the BAPI_BUS2177_CREATE correclty I have also tried using the CHANGE bapi. Which says that data will be changed at save. However when I commit my work, the message response from the coomit bapi is that no data has changed.

has anyone experienced similar problem. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

Petros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am also uploading the projects using the XML import functionality, I also see the same problem of resource assignment not being saved , How did u solve the problems of resources being erased after save of the Project,

I am referring to problem posted by you on Apr 17th 2006.

Please advice how you got it resolved.

Thanks

Kumar P