Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vani,

I am new to SAP,

I would like to know how to create and Manage Master data in SAP R/3

This is SAP MDM forums, which is a tool provided by SAP for cretion and managing the Master data. It is not a part of SAP R3. However, answering your question, we can create Master data in R3 as well, however when we do the same with SAP-MDM, it gives us lot many features which are essential in todays world to efficiently create and manage Master Data.

Key features of MDM which are:

1. Governance - Authorization with proper roles and users and use of Workflows.

2. Single Version of truth: In case you have multiple systems, then rather than maintaining Master data local to each systems, MDM helps us in maintaining Master data at a global level and then is passed on to every local system, thus helps in maintaining Single version of truth.

3. De-duplication - master data can be also duplicate in certain cases, where MDM gets in a feature of Matching and Merging, which helps us to identify duplicates.

Now for ex, a Material record is created in ECC by using transaction - MM01 and edited and viewed by7 transactions MM02 and MM03. And then you can feed it data for all the views of a material.

However, there are not enough and advanced features in ECC to handle master data when it comes to Complex landscapes, mergers and acquistions, Efficient reporting.

MDM gets in a lot of features with it.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your answere.

I would like to know how to create master data for in R/3 for cost center,profit center,General Ledger ,vendor and Customer.

Regards

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

To create master data in R/3, please go to the T-code MM01.

Here you need to select the details as per the category in which the material falls.

After this there will a window asking you to select the views you want to maintain... like Basic view.. which is Global data... others like MRP, Purchasing, Accouting view... which are local data.

Also refer to the T-code MM02, MM03. Explore these, I am sure you will understand the basics of it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Priti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your answere.

Could you let me know how to create master data for cost center,profit center,General Ledger ,customer and Vendor.

Kind regards

Vani