RAR 5.3 - Active Rules 300,000+??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Chaps.

I need to know, how many Rules will be present under

RA&R >

Rules Architect tab >

Rule Library>

Rule level Action for a GRC Access Control 5.3 implementation where GRC is connected to one (1) SAP Production system.

The reason for the question is that I received information, that the number of Rules is dependant on the number of SAP Productions systems connected to GRC.

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The number of rules is depending upon number of risk you have defined in the system. The more number of risk you define in the system the more number of rules will created in the system.

And as far as my knowledge goes the number of Rules is not dependant on the number of SAP Productions systems connected to GRC. But also please confirm it from SAP.

Thanks,

sudip.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The number of rules is a function of the number of risks and the systems you're generating system specific rules for.

Usually you'll get around 50.000 rules for the standard R/3 rule set.

If you re-upload the rules for every new system, the number of rules will multiply accordingly.

Usually you'll use a logical system, though, which will keep the number of rules constant as long as you do not require different rules for each system (which will mostly not be necessary).

Frank.