Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIELD SYMBOLS - ASSIGN STATEMENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation here , Ideally speaking the FIELD SYMBOL should not assign when the SIZE goes greater than 255. But I observed that this works fine in Test Server ( When the SIZE = 300 ) and NOT in the development server.

Please suggest if there is any BASIC settings for memory the effects ASSIGN !!!

FIELD-SYMBOLS: <L1>.

DATA: LINE(255).

SIZE = 0.

WHILE SIZE < 300 .

ASSIGN LINE(SIZE) TO <L1>.

SIZE = SIZE + 50.

ENDWHILE.

Regards

Abhijith.

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Different support packs or version? And there are some system parameters that can affect behaviour - see if there's a difference.

btw - please don't post your subject in ALL CAPITALS. And take the time to read the Rules of Engagement for these forums.

matt

Edited by: Matt on May 13, 2009 4:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the code which you have mentioned will not assign size more than 250 because the while condition you have given is wrong....

the code you wrote before was adding 50 to size everytime....

so what happend till 250 it assigned properly as the while loop was executing in true condition i.e. size < 300 then after 250 it adds 50 to it and the size became equal to 300 which means the condition is false.... so it never goes inside the loop...

give the while condition in this way...

you will get to know the performance....

WHILE SIZE <= 300 .

Regards,

Siddarth