cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archiving into content server with sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we have installed the sap content server on a windows server. Our SAP is running on Unix Tru64.

Now I would like to archive production orders (PP_ORDER) in a repository I've created for the content server. Here are the steps I am doing:

1. PPARCHP1 - set deletion flag

2. PPARCHP1 - set deletion indicator

3. PPARCHA1 - create archive file

4. SARA

Customizing - Logical File Name: ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE

Customizing - Cross Client File Names -

ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE:

- Physial File:R<PARAM_1><MONTH><DAY><PARAM_2>.<TIME>.<F=EXAMPLE>

- Logical Path: ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH

ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH

-Physical Path: /usr/sap/<SYSID>/SYS/global/<FILENAME>.ARCHIV

Now when I go to SARA - Storage System - Store Files

I select my archive I've created.

In customizing I assign the repository I've created in Technical Settings.

After archiving, there are files created in the Unix folder:/usr/sap/<SYSID>/SYS/global/<FILENAME>.ARCHIV

But I don't think they are stored in the content server?

How can I check that and how can I make them to be stored in the content server?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

Here is how you can check whether the archive files are stored:

- go to SARA -> Management -> complete or incomplete archiving session (based on whether you are deleting first or storing first) -> select the archive session and double click on the archive file. Here you should see the status as 'stored' and 'archive file accessible in storage system'

- alternatively, you could check the job log for store run. here you could also see if there was some error and causes for it.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

thanks for your answer!

I went to the Management and it looks like it has stored successfully.

But I think the file is stored in Unix in the path thats in ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH and not in the repository. I cannot see anything about the repository in the Management section.

This is what it says for physical File Name:

/usr/sap/D02/SYS/global/RPP05120.141242.USERNAME.ARCHIVE

So how can I trigger it to store in the content repository of the content server on the windows mashine?

Is there a way to see the contents of a content repository?

Thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

1. To store archive files, as you mentioned in the first post, go to SARA-> Storage system -> Store. you need to select the appropriate archive file

2. you could try to retrieve the archive file from storage by SARA->Storage system -> Retrieve.

As i know, If the archive files are properly stored in the storage system,

- it should have the status as 'Stored' in the management; and not either 'archiving completed' or 'deletion completed'

- and just below the Physical File Name it should say ' archive files accessible in storage system' and not 'Archive File is Accessible'. also it should not display the file name in the physical file name section.

Could you check the job log for store job? what is the message it is giving?

I am not sure how to see the contents of the content repository, probably you could try CSADMIN, but i am not sure.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have tried to retrieve the archive files, but I get an error message in the job log:

Component : /usr/sap/D02/SYS/global/X.ARCHIV/RETRIEVED_000687- error text : No such file or directory

Message no. 04104

So it looks like it is searching for this archive file in the Unix system, but the content server is on the Windows server?

After I store a document, I get the following information in the storage system:

Storage system: Stored

The store log looks ok, it's green

So according to your last answer, it looks like the archive file is not stored properly in the storage system.

One more thing, I am not sure what to enter as basic and archive path into the repository in OAC0; so far I am using /usr/sap/<SYSID>/SYS/global/<FILENAME>.ARCHIVE, the same I am using for the ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH??

Also do I have to do settings in OAC3???

Thanks!!

Anne

Edited by: Anne on May 14, 2009 3:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

'I am not sure what to enter as basic and archive path into the repository in OAC0; so far I am using /usr/sap/<SYSID>/SYS/global/<FILENAME>.ARCHIVE, the same I am using for the ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH??'

yes, you have to use the same path OAC0 as the path you customized in transaction FILE. But without "<FILENAME>.ARCHIVE". "<FILENAME>.ARCHIVE" is just a place holder for the physical archive file which is created during archive run. so in the basic and archive path, just give '/usr/sap/D02/SYS/global/'

I dont think you need to customize in OAC3. (as i know, it was required in very early releases for ADK archiving, but now it is only needed for document archiving).

Hope this does the trick.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

thanks for all your help.

I still have to find a way to check the contents of the repositories though.

Anne