cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How an SSCC number gets generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am now learning HUM. Actually I dont have access to client system. I am working on sandbox and I want to know how an SSCC number gets generated. I checked Number range object LE_SSCC. I did not not understand the relevence because in LE_SSCC, current number is 290 and the Internal HU number is 1500. Number range object HU_VEKP is working fine with internal HU Number. The SSCC numbers are incremented some times with 7 and some times with 17. No where I could see the source settings for this.

I hope that SSCC Number is copied from the box sent by vendor through bar code readear. If that is the case it should be randomly changing. There should not be any fixed increment. What is the guarentee that it is not repeated?

Please throw some light on SSCC Number generation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to any outbound delivery in Change mode and select 'pack' icon. There you can generate either an internal HU number based on the packaging material or Go to menu options Extras->SSCC Number Assignment. Then system will generate an SSCC number as your HU based on LE_SSCC.

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I want to know how system will generate an SSCC number as HU based on LE_SSCC. Previously the number was 512345670000002212 and now 512345670000002219. Here increment is 7. some times it is 17. How system is incrementing this number and in real time how it happens when user scans the bar code of packet?

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

You define the number range in t-code SNRO. You can define an external number range there for you vendor received SSCC numbers. The skipping in the number range can occur baseed upon what is in the number range buffer in SAP. When you log in you are assigned numbers from the number range and when someon else signs in they are assigned numbers from the range. These numbers may not be sequential.

Regards,

Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unattended