cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Property not visible inside a BLT called from another BLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Global Property SID to indicate the System ID so a BLT can use it (e.g. in file names). This executes correctly (MII 12.0.2).

However, now I call this BLT from within another BLT, and that time the SID is marked as error ("invalid variable in expression: Global.SID").

Has anyone experienced this error before? I thought that Global properties are available in every BLT.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u need to check the checkbox while calling a transaction in configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

which checkbox do you mean? In the "Transaction Call Configuration" box I only select the transaction name. I do not need the "Reload transaction after execution" checkbox, as all initialization will be done in the called transaction. I would expect the Global properties to be available anywhere...

Michael

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

I think you need to get a more recent version. But for now, you need to restart your MII instance (Not the whole NW). If you create a new Global or modify the value of an existing Global property, it will not propogate to the called transaction without the refresh.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

well, as we plan to upgrade to SP07, the restart will do for the moment.

Thanks!

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yuck! I hope that was fixed in a more recent version. Globals need to be, well, global!

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Yes, it has been fixed. Not sure which version, but I think it was 12.0.3.

Mike

Answers (0)