cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to JDBC scenario: Does INSERT command expect a result value?

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have an IDoc-to-JDBC-scenario configured on our XI 3.0, which uses the INSERT command to put a dataset coming from R/3 into a SQL database. This works fine.

Now a trigger has been activated on the database, which sets a flag to each dataset after inserting.

Because of this a system error occurs in the Adapter Engine and I found in the AuditLog (logSQLStatement=true), that the INSERT command is processed correcty, but in the next step an error is shown up: 'SQLServerException. A result set was generated for update.'

Could it be, that the trigger returns a result value, which can't be handled on the XI ?

If yes, how can I solve this issue? I have read something about the different methods execute(), executeUpdate() and executeQuery(), but I don't know how and where this has to be configured...

Thanks in advance,

Juergen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur IDOC to JDBC scenario is working fine then u need to do anything from ur side..

As trigger is part of oracle system and it get executed on some action metioned in tht like insert, update, delete.

Trigger does not send any data to XI system and need not to handle by XI. it is internal to database until no statement is written in trigger which will cause XI to take some action like send wsdl.

Regards,

Manisha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

It was a database issue.

In the trigger, a storedproc was called, which has sent back a result value. This caused the error on the XI.

After adding the option 'no_output' to the 'xp_cmdshell', the messages are processed fine again

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juergen

I am facing the same error in XI. can you explain me clear in which step of DB need to enble option "no_output" to the XP_cmdshell"

"option 'no_output' to the 'xp_cmdshell'"

Thanks&Regards

Upendra.

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

unfortunately it wasn't me who did the configuration on the stored procedure, so I didn't remember the details.

One of my colleagues did the change and told me, that he "added to the xp_cmdshell instruction the no_output option".

I asked him for more detailed information, but he didn't answer till now.

If I get a helpful answer, I will let you know...

Grtz,

Juergen

former_member191531
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

I got some more information from the database adminstrator:

He used the following command 'exec xp_cmdshell @ExportCmd , no_output'

whereas @ExportCmd contains the command.

With the no_output option, the xp_cmdshell does not return a recordset.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Grtz,

Juergen