Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with transferring objects from test to production

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have an issue while moving objects from test to production environment.

1. I created required SWC in SLD of production system.

2. Design objects are moved from test IR to production IR, into the same SWC which i created in step 1.

3. I manually created all the config in production ID myself.

Now, in production ID, i need dynamic receiver determination. I want to determine a receiver based on one value from the payload. So, when i clicked on condition editor, i get a message 'Message Interface does not exist in any SWC installed on business system'.

I dont get the messagetype in xpath either.

In SLD, correct product and SWC is registered to the tech system and business system. Looks like there is no problem there.

Is it because, the design objects are imported into production SWC instead of creating them new?

How can i solve this issue?

Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SLD did you created product and software component or exported in dev , imported in PRD.

If you manualy created the SWC and Product then the guid will miss match.So you should export the Product and SWC and need to import.After that assign the SWC and Product in the Business system.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained the transport targets between Test and Prod SLD business systems.

Regards,

SiddheshS.Tawate

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhesh

Where should i maintain the transport targets? In prod SLD or test SLD?

And, in which business systems should i maintain? Is it in sender business system or receiver business system? What should i maintain?

Please explain.

Many Thanks

Chandra

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Where should i maintain the transport targets? In prod SLD or test SLD?

1. in PRD SLD

>>>And, in which business systems should i maintain? Is it in sender business system or receiver business system? What should i maintain?

2. all business systems and technical (SLD data needs to be the same in TEST SLD and PRD SLD)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am maintaining the transport targets. Even now, the problem is not solved.

While creating receier determination, after selecting the sender system, i dont find the interface in the list of interfaces from the selected business sytem.

Pls help.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow following steps for transporting XI objects.

ESR Objects:

1. Export Product and SWCV from test to Prod in SLD.

2. Export and Import Repository objects from test to Prod in ESR.

ID Objects:

1. Maintain the technical systems for test environment systems ( Integration server, ECC server, third party sys etc) in PROD SLD as well.

2. Make corresponding Business systems in Prod SLD. So essentially your PROD SLD will contain Business sys for both test environment as well as PROD environment ( their names shud be different ex: SAPECC_QA ans SAPECC_PRD).

3. Now make two different groups and assign respective Integration servers to groups.

4. Maintain transport targets such as test sys points to prd sys.

5. Now export your ID objects from test environment and import it in PRD environment in ID.

6. Here note in all objects your test BS is replaced by PRD BS.

7. Now maintain the communication channels as per PROD environment specifications.

I hope this clears all your doubts.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhesh

Thanks for your detailed reply.

We do not have CMS. Then, will this process of transferring ID objects work with out CMS?

Can you also tell me the machanism of transferring proxy implementation from test to production?

Thanks a lot!

Chandra

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create the proxy objects in your backend, then it would automatically prompt you to attach the objects to a Transport request.

These transport requests are tranferred as any other ABAP entities like reports/function modules etc.

Contact your basis for more info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/df/c44a4278bbb56be10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this is required even if you are not using CMS or CTS. For PI 7.1 SP7 onwards even through file system transfer it is mandatory to have transport targets.

In case of transferring proxy objects, you have to transport your request in ECC from DEV-QA-PRD.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate