cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in JCO connection creation/maintanence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our project we have EP system ( Java Stack).We need to form the JCO connection that is required to deploy the web dynpro applications.We have taken a couple of JCO connection which are already there SAP_R3_HumanResources & SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata.For SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata JCO connection the user existing is a dialog user,also not having sufficient authorization to access all DDIC functions.My question is that what authorization required to user in this case to access all DDIC functions?Also for SAP_R3_HumanResources JCO connection what all prerequisites we require?.In this environment CD2 ( Dev.SAP system) is acting as backend to production portal PP6 system.Please let me know if you want any more details from my side.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nileshshete

I quote this from sap-img.com:

There are many functions of DDIC user.

For E.g.. When you configure TMS you won't be able to configure it using sap*. For this you need a user who has access to Data dictionary and ABAP repository Object like DDIC user or user with sap_all and sap_new permission.

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/function-and-role-of-user-types.htm

I think u need a user with sap_all premission.

Hope it helps,

Nitsan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved.

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nileshshete,

For SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata, You usually need a Service User having proper access to Data dictionary and ABAP repository Object. Becuse this user is being used in User Mapping for JCO SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata to the backend ECC system.

For SAP_R3_HumanResources, You need the SAP Logon Ticket configured for the Portal to backend ECC access. This confirms we are passing the same user which is maintained in 105 infotype and also maintained in AD Server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Biroj Patro.