cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS Issue - CV01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I had integrated SAP ECC 6.0 DMS with Content Server.

In the current Scenario, documents are to be uploaded in Content Server and later documents are to be linked with SAP application. (Say to ME22N - PO Transaction).

My concern is, Can't we directly attached the document at Application level (say in ME22N Screen) and same should be visible in Content Server.

Pls Note: I do not want to use SAPOffice Attachement facility which is avaiable at Application (ME22N PO Header Level)

For your Information, following settings are done in Kpro

==> Content Repository Defined with Document Area "DMS" and Storage Type "HTTP Content Server".

Transaction Used : OAC0 and CSADMIN

==> Category is defined for Document Area 'DMS' and Content Repository ( Transaction :OACT)

Regards,

S Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no PO header attachment from DMS. You can only attach to PO items.

Regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I agree with Sachin that DIR's can be linked only to PO Item and not to PO header. If you want to link documents to PO header, you will have to go for development.

If object link at PO Item level is acceptable to you, and you want to create and link document from ME21N, try following-

Define a document type with Internal number generation and no mandatory field in DC10 transaction.

Goto object links and configure object link to PO item(EKPO)

On "Define object links" screen, put option 1 in "Create Document" field.

In DMS-> Control Data-> Maintain Screen for Object Link, enter "1" in "Auth" field for EKPO object.

After those configurations, when you are creating/ changing PO, Click on PO item, and click on "Documents" button. You will see "Create Documents" icon. From here you will be able to create documents without going to CV01N transaction.

Hope this is is useful to you,

Regards,

Milind Dumbre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

You are getting me right.

I would like to have the Document Management Control at PO Item Level.

I had done those Settings.

I have one more issue. when i create the Document as per your suggestion, System is not taking the Document Desc from the Document attached.

Description field is blank.

Pls suggest How to map the Document description with the attached Document (File Name)

Regards,

S Anand

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheo Singh

when i create the Document as per your suggestion, System is not taking the Document Desc from the Document attached.Description field is blank

You are right.You are not able to give description to DIR when you create from PO item.In that screen you cann give description.You will have to double click on th created DIR which will take you to display Document screen.Change command to Change Document.So you can Enter description.Save the document.Press back .You will come to PO screen.Now you will be able to see the descrption.

Hope I have answered you problem.

Addtional Info

There is also a Icon call * Long Text for Link*.You can enter long text for the DIR you have created.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check following option

On "Define object links" screen, put option 2 instead of 1.in "Create Document" field.

Here you will get option of entering the description but with some additional steps.

Check which option is suitable to you.

Regards,

Milind

Edited by: Milind Dumbre on May 13, 2009 2:58 PM

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheo Singh

Yes I absolutely agree with Milind.You can utilize this option also.

Thanks milind for reminding me of that option.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankx Milind,

Query solved

Regards,

S Anand

Answers (0)