cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When deploying an ear, I get "Invalid constant pool tag..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to port several JEE applications from JBoss 4.2.3 as I've reported elsewhere in this forum.

When trying to deploy one particular ear, I get an error stating that the deploy failed because of

com.sap.engine.library.bytecode.cf.CFException: Invalid constant pool tag, 60 at index 41.

I wanted to paste the stack trace into this post, but the "code" formatting option cannot handle it. If there is a way to attach it to the post in some other way, please let me know.

I'm using SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Johan Hoogenboezem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to formally report this as a bug in order to make sure it gets more attention. It is a serious obstacle for me as I don't know where to start looking for a way around this. Of all the JEE applications I need to port to NetWeaver, this is the biggest and most complex. Anybody want to comment? I really need the help.

Regards,

Johan

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Any chance your app is built with a newer JDK than the server is running?

Otherwise, feel free to open a support ticket for this issue.

Cheers,

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir

I checked that the build was done using the jdk 5 version mandated by the SAP DeveloperStudio setup program, so I'm pretty sure its not that. I'm new to the SAP universe. How do I open a support ticket?

Regards,

Johan

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Via the [SAP Support Portal|https://service.sap.com/support].

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir

I assume I need to create a "customer message", but I get stuck on the first page of the wizard that prompts me for a system. I installed EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 locally on my machine and then attempted to migrate my JEE applications to NetWeaver. The support portal does not seem to provide a means of creating a support ticket against the version of NetWeaver I'm working with. How am I supposed to proceed?

Regards,

Johan

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 is still in ramp-up. Are you using the official version from SAP Service Marketplace or the preview version from SDN? Are you an SAP partner? And are you participating in the ramp-up of EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1?

Whether you can create a support ticket or not depends on the above.

Regards,

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir

I used the preview version from SDN. My company is IZAZI Solutions and we are an SAP partner. I'm not participating in the ramp-up. Is there a way I can and will it help if I did?

Along with all our SAP-related projects and activities, we also have a Java and TIBCO based loan origination solution. This solution is what I'm mainly involved in as I architected it. It is what I'm trying to migrate to SAP NetWeaver.

Regards,

Johan

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

The ramp-up of EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 has just finished and it's now in GA. You should be able to download the official version from SAP Service Marketplace and create a ticket for that through the SAP Support Portal.

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir

I went to the marketplace to look for the download of the GA release, but the latest release I can find is dated 16.12.2008. Surely that cannot be? Is it perhaps not released yet?

Regards,

Johan

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

This is the date when EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 went into ramp-up. Last week it was released GA but it's the same software. So just go on, install and you should be able to create a ticket.

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I'm getting the same problem and can't find any information on it.

I checked the SAP notes as well, but can't find anything listed for this particular problem.

I found the following site: [https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JSTSG/(JSTSG)(TG)Q1126]

But the error in the log file only shows the first error code "ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3298", so I'm unable to investigate any further.

Would appreciate some help on this!

Thanks

Edited by: Stuart Gunter on Dec 10, 2009 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have narrowed this error down to a single dependency in my project.

When I include Jaxen the deployment fails. When I exclude Jaxen the deployment succeeds.

Does anyone know why this may be a problem within NetWeaver? I'm running NetWeaver CE 7.1 EHP1.

Thanks

ekaterinamitova
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Did you check that you have included every specific JAR you need. For example to deploy a JMS application you need to add specific JAR files. Assuming that you have used JBoss and the exception you get, this might be one possible reason of the failing deployment.

Best regards,

Ekaterina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekaterina

Thank you for your prompt reply. I believe I added all required jar files, as I got no compilation/build errors in the IDE. Besides, if I neglected to add a required jar file, should I not see "ClassNotFoundException" instead?

Regards,

Johan