cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheque deposit functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guru's,

can you please explain me the cheque deposit functionality we have in SAP FI?

i have posted a customer invoice and then in transaction f-28 i posted an incoming cheque which clears the customer invoice.

what happens next? how can i assign a cheque deposit to this incoming cheque and also how do i enter the bank statement?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

After creation of invoice you can do it by using FF68 for check depositing. F-28 is not necessary for this. Here your Check deposit (Incoming) Bank a/c will be debited and Customer will be credited. After clearing the check you have to enter in BRS -FF67, Your Main Bank will be Debited and Check deposit account will be credited. That means Your Deposit (Incoming a/c will be knocked off) and Main Bank will be debited.

For this you need to configure BRS settings under this path SPRO> FI Acctg> Bank Acctg> Business transactions> Check Deposit and Manual/Electronic Bank statement.

Regards,

Dharma Rao. Yekula

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can configure the cheque deposit functionality through the system. Please refer to the business transactions link under bank accounting in IMG for further inputs. You can configure cheque deposit as well as bank statement processing from there.