cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN_SETUP Wizard - Error on Managed System Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 (Stack 19) on linux-oracle.

After I start the configuration with SOLMAN_SETUP tcode.

The "Initial Configuration" and the "Basic Configuration" phases are termined with success.

In the third phase "Managed System Configuration", I try to connect itself on client 001 but when I try to generate the RFC Connection I received an error message on wizard when the system create the "Back RFC Destination". If I check this RFC on SM59 tcode it works!!!! I don't understand why I received the error message during the wizard.

Then on "Check Prerequisites" I execute the "Diagnostic Prerequisites" phase and I received 2 error messages:

a) The Introscope Enterprise Manager configuration cannot be loaded. Details:

java.sql.SQLException: All configured Enterprise Managers are offline - check configuration. at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.getQueryEMgrs(EMOverview.java:251) at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.populateAgentCache(EMOverview.java:415) at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.checkAgentCache(EMOverview.java:461) at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.getAllEMgrs(EMOverview.java:220) at com.sap.sup.admin.selfcheck.checks.wily.em.EmJdbcCheck.process(EmJdbcCheck.java:32) at com.sap.sup.admin.selfcheck.fwk.check.AbstractCheck.processImpl(AbstractCheck.java:165) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor342.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391) at com.sap.smd.server.exec.asio.AsioInvocationHandler$1.call(AsioInvocationHandler.java:87) at com.sap.smd.server.util.concurrent.FutureResult$1.run(FutureResult.java:90) at com.sap.smd.server.exec.asio.AsioInvocationHandler$AsioRunner.run(AsioInvocationHandler.java:274) at com.sap.smd.server.exec.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:45) at com.sap.smd.server.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:781) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:770)

b) The RFC Read Destination is not available for connection to Satellite System (RC=2). Details:

Please check SAP Note 1106900

I find The RFC Read Destination on SM59 tcode and it works if I try to "Connection Test".

Could you please help me to check the two errors??

Thanks in advanced

Moreno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for b) you need to complete the setup wizzard in SMD setup first.

for a) do you have a Wily EM installed?

Edited by: David Kroone on May 14, 2009 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have similar issue. Have installed wiliy enterprise manager 8 successully.its up and running , check the logs.

But logon to SMD on solution manager. Wily enterprise manager is unavalible.

message . connectivity status could not be check and all enterprise managers are offline.

does anyone have a solution

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

What is version of SMD--LM Service?

Did you follow OSS note # Note 1273028 - Introscope 8 Release Notes & Note 797147 - Wily Introscope Installation for SAP Customers.

Please check the compatability with EHP1...SP19 from this note and then implement.

Also, for RFC issue, i think u need to check the client information, which u have given...strange thing is why you are running setup in 001 client? U dont have client created??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monero,

The issue for the connection failure between solman and wily enterpirse manager 8 could be just connection details in solman_setup

enter the correct host,port , user and password for wily enterpirse manager 8 in solman_setup wizard.

my issue has been fixed i have used the guest and guest12 as (user/password) as per the wily install guide in the connection settings in http://<host>/smd diagnostics setup wizard.

This has resolved my issue.

hope it fixes urs

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I entered the correct USER, PORT and host and Also used the user Admin of Wily. I stop and start Wily. Reconfigure the setting in solman_Setup and Agent Administration. Ran the Self Checker and no luck... Does any one has a solution or workaround.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

william_bowman
Participant
0 Kudos

Based on your logs, it looks like Enterprise Manager isn't running. It will not start automatically, so we added a line to the startsap script to start it.

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

Some more info when I tried to run the setup wizard again.

Step Wilyhost Agent Details

Setup Exception: Empty or no Wily EM host retrieved from secured global config! Going on with "localhost".

Setup Exception: No Wily EM port was passed by SetupWizard! Going on with port 6001 instead.

Created destination XXX|hostname_xxx_01

Created action xxx -XXX AbapSystem

Created action xxx|hostname_xxx_01 - XXX|hostname_xxx_01 AbapInstance

Created 2 action(s).

Retrieving list of Enterprise Managers failed: All configured Enterprise Managers are offline - check configuration.

Exceptions

java.sql.SQLException: All configured Enterprise Managers are offline - check configuration.

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.getQueryEMgrs(EMOverview.java:251)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.populateAgentCache(EMOverview.java:415)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.checkAgentCache(EMOverview.java:461)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.jdbc.EMOverview.getAgentEMgrs(EMOverview.java:269)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.hostagent.Setup.emCanBeAccessed(Setup.java:440)

at com.sap.sup.admin.wily.hostagent.Setup.executeSetup(Setup.java:87)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.AppCfgTasks.configureEPAgent(AppCfgTasks.java:110)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SetupStep.runExec(SetupStep.java:416)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SetupStep.execute(SetupStep.java:328)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SapInstance.setup(SapInstance.java:545)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SapCluster.setup(SapCluster.java:1680)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SapCluster.access$000(SapCluster.java:35)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SapCluster$SetupRunner.run(SapCluster.java:1950)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:571)

hostname is the hostname of the system, i removed it.

xxx is the solution manager sid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wily Connection error:

I resolved by doing a few things:

1. in solman_setup in solution manager, check Basic configuration wizard, step #5 (Landscape Data) to ensure the correct Wily connection wizard is entered. I have the following entries: port=6001. fully qualified host name (WITHOUT HTTP:// preceeding the box name!!), User=Guest Password=guest12, the same host name again, port 8081. Then I pressed save and clicked to the end of the wizard.

2. in the root cause analysis workcenter (solman_workcenter- you must have the root cause work center assisgned to your user id), i went to the advanced setup. I entered the same info as above (step #1)with the same user id and password. Again, no HTTP:// preceding the hostsname!! When i saved, it asked me for the IGS hostname and port. After that was entered , it was successful. (Again, no HTTP:// preceding the hostsname!! my port was 40180) You can test by putting http://host:port in the browser and it should say: SAP IGS is running

3. Next, I went to Dignostics setup>Managed systems and re ran the wizard and it worked this time. Phewww

I hope that helps someone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WHEW!!!!!

Thanks Sasha! It is kind of stupid but i finally got it working ONLY after I read your post hehe.

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Had the same issue, problem is now solved due to Step 1 mentioned above.

Many Thanks!!

Best regards,

Jacco Raymakers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Had the same issue, problem is now solved due to Step 1 AND 2 mentioned above.

Many Thanks!!

Best regards,

Koen Thijs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sasha,

Thanks for your details, but i could find the advance setting tab in root cause analysis.

i am new to SOLMAN, could you please help me out

Regards

Thavamohan J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moreno

I had similar issues that the BACK or READ RFC was not available but in fact it was there in SM59 and working fine.

What I did to solve this was to delete the RFCs in SM59 and recreate them via the SMSY wizard. Just make sure that when you click the "cleanup" button and see the overview in SMSY for all your RFCs you see the BACK/READ/TRUSTED RFC

regards

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really do not think that this has anything to do with WILY?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it has something to do with Morenas problem:

Hi all,

I've installed SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 (Stack 19) on linux-oracle.

After I start the configuration with SOLMAN_SETUP tcode.

The "Initial Configuration" and the "Basic Configuration" phases are termined with success.

In the third phase "Managed System Configuration", I try to connect itself on client 001 but when I try to generate the RFC Connection I received an error message on wizard when the system create the "Back RFC Destination". If I check this RFC on SM59 tcode it works!!!! I don't understand why I received the error message during the wizard.

Nesimi