cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in correlating multiple msgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In my BPM scenario, splittign of msgs is happening.I am able to send files after splitting to the target.For each file an acknowlegment is generated which needs to be correlated to the resp. target msg.

My problem is that when i place multiple files, the bpm does correlation b/w the ack file and the target file only for the last target file.

I have an idea.If we send the files to the target parallely, will correlation work for each of them?For it should i use 'ParForEach' mode?

I tried it but it doesn't work...any idea where the problem lies and how to debug it?

i'm currently using for each mode for sendign the file to the target.After this block i place my receiver step to receive ack.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For each file an acknowlegment is generated
i'm currently using for each mode for sendign the file to the target.After this block i place my 
receiver step to receive ack.

should your receive acknowledgement step not placed in block.......as you said you will be getting a separate ack for each file uploaded.....also check whether you have defined the correlation as local

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhisek,

no i am not usign local correlation.

Also if i include the receive step with send step inside the block, each file will be sent to the target and only after receiving the ack file for that particular target will the flow proceed to send the next target file.

In case u suggest putting it together, dont u think i should use 'ParForEach' instead of 'ForEach mode'?

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To use 'ParForEach' or 'ForEach' mode, you need to have a multiline element and multiple entries in it before the start of your block step.

If you will put both receive and send step inside the block step, you will not have all the incomeing file collected in a multiline element bfore the execution of block step.

Edited by: Samiullah Qureshi on May 13, 2009 5:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am using multiline container since i am splitting a file to many target files.So sending multiple target files is not a problem.

The prob is the ack isnt a multiline object.Each ack is separate for each target file.

I saw in SAP BASIS/system patterns where it sends files to diff receivers parallely and get and ack back for each..There ParForEach is used.The scenario is similar to my req.However i cant just use the same thing here.

Edited by: itisha alok on May 13, 2009 1:49 PM

Edited by: itisha alok on May 13, 2009 1:53 PM

Answers (0)