cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Transactions to SAP MII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to migrate all of my transactions from SAP MII 11.5 to SAP MII 12.0.

The problem is my SAP MII 11.5 server is no more working, I took backup of all the transactions and webpages directly from server IP.

Now I am trying to import the Transactions in corresponding projects on MII 12.0 server. I could import the webpages; But in case of Transaction importing, I am getting a Role Error as: The user is not assigned to a role that can perform this action. Already this user is having all the roles available in MII.

Can anybody tell me what is the other way to import the transactions to MII 12.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the MIGRATION TOOL for publishing 11.5 content into a 12.0 server. This does not require that 11.5 be present or that it be running, you just need the C:\Lighthammer and C:\inetpub\ directories.

Any hack attempts to import files into the workbench, either template or trx will cause numerous remediation problems. The migration tool does all sorts of behind the scenes work with the object to handle the changes and tweaks between the 11.5 file system objects before publishing them into their respective locations in the NetWeaver database on 12.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jeremy.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you can go through those thread:

Hope this may help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad

You go through those threads which will help you to migrate from 11.5 to 12.

Hope this may help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

"The user is not assigned to a role that can perform this action"

The above error comes when your xacute query template has diff path or pointing to transaction but which is not there.

Try to remove all query templates and load all transaction and related query template.

Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Thank you for your reply.

So do I need to first import all the transactions and then the Xacute query templates?

Since I also have query templates to be imported.

Thanks,

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to import all the transactions , the Xacute query templates and Query templates used in the transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , Import transactions first and try importing all query templates .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha / Rao,

I am trying to import files with extension .TRX

I think query template and display template has extension .xml

So I am importing Transactions only not the query templates, still getting the error. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharad in MII 12 query and display template will have extension as "QRY.tqsq"

Pls check this thread

Edited by: Rao on May 13, 2009 12:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad

You need to import query template also along with transaction. Else you will get error.