cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition collaboration for SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in the process of configuring SNC, to share Purchase Requisition Information with Supplier. We found that there are no standard processes defined in SNC for Purchase Req collaboration. We can use the IDOC PREQCR01 to send PReq to XI, but which XML message to use to send it to SNC. Probably we have to define a new XML message for the same. Can you please help how to define a new XML message type in SNC for Purchase Requisition. Or is there some alternate way by using existing message types.

Also we need to change UI in SNC to display Purchase Requisition and processing the same for PReq confirmation.

Request you to please help out on these issues.

Regards,

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

I did not understand your process from your post. Can you elaborate further with process steps. What you mean by PR collaboration here?

Are you trying to share PR information with suppliers as forecast? If yes then there is a process in SNC which is called "Forecast collaboration" or "Dynamic Replenishment"

Thanks,

Sunil Pendse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

We want to share Purchase requisition with the supplier through SNC. The supplier would then look into the Purchase Requisition in SNC, and then update it with confirmed quantities and date. Something like the standard SNC process for Purchase Order collaboration and processing.

The purchase requisition is to be sent from ECC backend at customers end to SNC through XI. The supplier is to have web access to the Purchase requisition through SNC.

Also are there possiblities in standard SNC transactions to view and update purchase reqs, may be with slight modifications.

Regards,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

As i see this is a very good business process on supplier side. Acting on PReq and confirmations.

As you said you can sucessfully send PReq's to XI using the available IDOC and Message type

PREQCR01 & PREQCR. But again the XI need to be configured for this new IDOC type..like sender system, reciever system and XML generation. This can be done with the help of XI consultant.

But the Web UI needs to be modified, to act on the recieved PReq like confirmations, creating ASN, and GR for the same.

In traditional business process, only Purchase Order is sent to Vendor/External services and is supported by SNC POC. Since PReq are generated using materials planning, and is still in planning phase. Secondly a purchase requisition can be fulfilled through purchase orders or longer-term purchase agreements.

Mostly PReq is an internal document: and generally it is not used outside the enterprise.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for your replies.

Could you please confirm whether we can use the IDOCs PREQCR01 for sending Purchase requisition information to XI. As per our current understanding these IDOCs are of Inbound type to update PReqs in ECC incoming from outside. What could be other possible alternative solutions for the same w.r.t your earlier reply.

You very rightly said that PReqs are for internal planning purposes, and organization collaborate through Purchase Orders. But in this particular case, the business process demands that the purchase requisitions be first shared and confirmed, and then further procurement decisions are processed.

Regards,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

I have never used IDOCs PREQCR01, but i can say confidently that an IDOC has no direction and if we want to know we ll have look into the partner profile defined in ALE config...

Info: This IDOC gets generated when application Create purchase requisition and it contains Item text, contract limits etc

I hope this is useful.

Cheers

Vinod

JT_H
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

In SNC it is possible to share the Purchase Requisition in the "Demand Monitor"

The above already mentioned report (RSMIPROACT) can be configured to send the

relevant PReq's to SNC, these will then be shown in the Demand Monitor (ICH 5)

or the order forecast monitor (SNC 5.1 and later).

It will show up as "Customer planned demands".

Purchase orders (and schedule agreement releases if applicable) themselves will

show up as "Customer firm demands".

Also the confirmations on PO's are shown, "Supplier firm receipts".

As 'confirmation on the planned requirements, suppliers can enter "Supplier planned receipts"

As far as I know there is no return message (like confirmation on PO) to R/3 - ERP.

But at least you can then collaborate in the WEB on this information.

Have a look at Demand Monitor (5.0)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/80/9c718280ec4a2ea7cfda02d19d9a94/content.htm

Or at Order forecast monitor (>5.1)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/80/9c718280ec4a2ea7cfda02d19d9a94/content.htm

Kind regards

Jan Tjalling

Hoogkamp

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

In SNC Release Process functionality is available you can use this functionality by creating Schedule agreement of the type LPA and maintain source list with this schedule agreement, in MRP field select 2 'Record relevant to MRP. Sched. lines generated automatically'.

One you run MRP then it automatically converts PR into schedule lines.

First Ciffed Material, Supplier and then schedule agreement.

Use TCOde:ME84 to send schedule lines of the schedule agreement by using this supplier can give confirmation.

Please let me know any clarification.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

We are using DR process in SNC and thus want to use RSMIPROACT report to send Preq from ECC to SNC.

I have set up Source list, PIR etc.and created Preq in ECC still Preq info is not seen on DR monitor. Although Idoc PROACT created carries Preq Qty and date and also PAN XML carries information.

I also activated Time series type SMI02 in SNC system

Please help if I am missing any thing here?

Thnx

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

If you are using a SAP customer backend system, you could send ur PR using RSMIPROACT report, which will generate a PAN XML message, if i am not wrong the XI content would already be available to map into SNC.

ERP--

XI--

SNC

PROACT.PROACT 01 PAN XML

Hope this is helpful

Cheers

Vinod