cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Japanese characters in English form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a requirement to print the japanese characters in the from which is printed in english.

Actually the customer adress is in japanese but when i am printing it,the japanese characters are not getting printed (text is printed as some square boxes).

Any ideas to print the japanese text as it is...

Thanks and Regards,

Sravanthi Chilal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

Are you getting this problem in Dev. System ??

This problem occurs because, the code page of the concerned system, does not support some special characters. Usually, the codepage of Dev System is different than the codepage of production system.and the production system supports the special characters.

So if you are getting it in dev. system, please move the changes to highere system and try,. The probelm may be fixed.

Edited by: Rudra Prasanna Mohapatra on May 14, 2009 9:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sravanthi,

I also faced same problem...when i convert to cute pdf writer...am getting some garbage characters...

do onething...create one character format with font 'JPMINCHO'..IT is standard for japan...Use these character format where the japanese chars r there... Myproblem got solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sravanthi,

I also faced same problem...when i convert to cute pdf writer...am getting some garbage characters...

do onething...create one character format with font 'JPMINCHO'..IT is standard for japan...Use these character format where the japanese chars r there... Myproblem got solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some times you will get junk characters in the preview but the print form will be fine.

Check it once. I had a similar problem in spanish.

I haven't tried in Japanese but tried in spanish. Steps I did

a. Font in local PC & R/3 (can be loaded by SE73).

b. Use the type-settings of the font installed.

c. Develop Style and use in Form.

d. Just print (Print preview will be junk only but print out will be perfect).

Please check out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your text coming from an internal table or it is a standard text that you want to print in adobe form?

If it is standard text or long text,Creating a Text node by right clicking on the top node and then

CREATE -> TEXT.

In the properties of the TEXT node select Text type Include Text and then provide the Text Name, Text Object, Text ID and Text Language values as shown below.

Drag the structure from the interface into the Context.

We can pass the Text node properties values dynamically as well.

If our application makes no use of the Business Address Services but you still want to have country-specific addresses, we must use ABAP coding to achieve this. It is possible to do this in the application program or in the initialization coding of the interface.

In interface,

Define Import parameter under Form Interface.

IS_CUSTOMER_ID TYPE S_CUSTOMER

IS_COUNTRY TYPE LAND1

TYPES:

BEGIN OF ty_adr_printform_table_line,

line_type TYPE ad_line_tp,

address_line LIKE adrs-line0,

END OF ty_adr_printform_table_line.TYPES:

ty_adr_printform_table TYPE TABLE OF ty_adr_printform_table_line.

Define Global Work Areas and Internal Tables under Global definition as shown below.

IS_ADDRESS TYPE ADRS1.

IT_ADDRESS_LINES TYPE TY_ADR_PRINTFORM_TABLE.

IS_ADDRESS_LINE TYPE TY_ADR_PRINTFORM_TABLE_LINE.

IS_SCUSTOM TYPE SCUSTOM.

SELECT SINGLE *

FROM scustom

INTO is_scustom

WHERE id EQ is_customer_id.is_address-title_text = is_scustom-form.

is_address-name1 = is_scustom-name.

is_address-street = is_scustom-street.

is_address-po_box = is_scustom-postbox.

is_address-post_code1 = is_scustom-postcode.

is_address-city1 = is_scustom-city.

is_address-region = is_scustom-region.

is_address-country = is_scustom-country.* Address Format According to Post Office Guidelines

• Note : Refer Function module documentation for more information.CALL FUNCTION 'ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM'

EXPORTING

address_1 = is_address

address_type = '1' "normal/company

sender_country = is_country

number_of_lines = 8

IMPORTING

address_printform_table = it_address_lines.

*******If the customer address in the database table is in english, you cannot print in Japanese.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lohita,

Thanks for ur reply.

It is not a adobe form,it is a sap script.In output iam unable tp print the japanese characters present in address whish is fetched form the structure VBDKR.

Regards,

Sravanthi Chilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check the device type assigned to the printer which infact should support the japanese characters.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the print program you need to retrieve the 'K' version ( Kanji ) and then pass it to the address node.

This should work.

Regards,

Ram