cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Generic Extractor - Number generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know which table or how the incrementing table numbers are kept tracked in SAP. E.g. when we create a new BW extractor (RSO2), it takes the next available number e.g. ZOXWRD0526, the next one has ZOXWRD0527. We are trying to figure out where the next number is stored/derived from? We did try and debug the extractor process, but based on all the code it is executing, it is going to take a while to determine the source of the next number. We know that it gets the prefix ZOXWRD from RSADMIN table from field EXSTRU_CUS

The answer to this question will help us define the BW transport strategy between the different landscapes.

Thanks,

Raja & Zain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you try to debug again, set a breakpoint at function module number_get_next. I guess that fm will be called to get the next no from nriv for the extract structure. I don't know the number range object for it, but additionally you might look at nriv directly via se16 and restrict on field nrlevel with the highest no. of your extract structure (I guess 527 in your case).

Hope this helps!

regards

Siggi